Retirement Procedure....

I've probably read it a thousand times over the years, but need clarification to help a new "kid" on the block out.

UK chap came in on a 45 day visa exempt by air, just been to Laos for another 30 day visa exempt, he now wants to apply for a 90 day retirement permission to stay.

He has opened a bank account, don't ask how ????, he has transferred 20,000 quid into it, so is OK for the money side of things.

He wants to convert his visa exempt into the retirement 90 day, then convert that into a one-year one when the time comes, is that OK...?

He has about 22 days on his permission to stay left, must he go to immigration 15 days before that runs out, I thought it was something like that...?

Thank you......????

Need to apply for non O retirement with min 15 days remaining on permission of stay.

21 days at couple of offices. 

CM being one.

Requires TM87.

Requires 800k baht on day of application in Thai bank account..

That provides a 90 day stamp.

In last 30 days of that period he applies for 12 month extension. 

Here is old thread...

https://aseannow.com/topic/990336-converting-visa-exempt-to-non-immigrant-o/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Need to apply for non O retirement with min 15 days remaining on permission of stay.

21 days at couple of offices. 

CM being one.

Requires 800k baht on day of application.

That provides a 90 day stamp.

In last 30 days of that period he applies for 12 month extension. 

Thank you, will pass that on now......????

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Requires 800k baht on day of application.

I understand that is the rule but have seen on here Jomtien is asking for 2 months in bank for non-imm O even though that is the 12 month extension requirement?

Any idea if this is correct as even when I emailed Manseerat agent they asked for 800k in bank for minimum 6 weeks to start the process?

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I understand that is the rule but have seen on here Jomtien is asking for 2 months in bank for non-imm O even though that is the 12 month extension requirement?

Any idea if this is correct as even when I emailed Manseerat agent they asked for 800k in bank for minimum 6 weeks to start the process?

That request from Maneerat is possibly more about their process time.

As for Jomtien requiring 2 months yes that has been posted.

One guy then forced to obtain 60 day extension to visit wife to season the funds. 

Outrageous policy from Jomtien.

Does not surprise me.

Just a rogue office! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Then do not use them.

• Sad 2

In answer to the title................you stop working. 555

Some SAD people with no S O H. Did you not notice the 555 after my comment.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Then do not use them.

Well the alternative would be to do a change of address to for example Bangkok.

Not that simple and messy. 

Since it's a new non O there may be request for home visit even for home visit.

Then 2 months later would need to apply for extension CW in the example I mentioned. 

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That request from Maneerat is possibly more about their process time.

I think more about to cover legal for email record ???? My Mate got his visa through them with funds 1 day in bank when he showed up in person.

I'm just annoyed rules say day of application for non-imm O but Jomtien is making me consider agent or going to Laos to get visa...

Anyway not to hijack thread, it seems OP has everything in order as long as they don't apply in Jomtien ????

Edited by Pattaya57

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I think more about to cover legal for email record ???? My Mate got his visa through them with funds 1 day in bank when he showed up in person.

I'm just annoyed rules say day of application for non-imm O but Jomtien is making me consider agent or going to Laos to get visa...

If agent can assist with you providing your own 800k in the bank on day of application and you Maintaining the funds and then doing the 12 month extension yourself....That would be good outcome.

Yes very frustrating dealing with rubbish immigration offices. 

Regarding obtaining non O retirement outside of Thailand be aware that Vientiane and Saigon require appointment. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If agent can assist with you providing your own 800k in the bank on day of application and you Maintaining the funds and then doing the 12 month extension yourself....That would be good outcome.

Yes very frustrating dealing with rubbish immigration offices. 

Every agent I contacted only want to do combined Non-imm O and 12 month extension together so have refused non-imm O only

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You made 2 posts with zero helpful advice.

There is a Pub Forum and General forum for chit chat. 

Sorry, I don't know how to make replies in different fora.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You made 2 posts with zero helpful advice.

There is a Pub Forum and General forum for chit chat. 

So is suggesting using an agent to bypass the legal financial requirements helpful advice?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So is suggesting using an agent to bypass the legal financial requirements helpful advice?

He was responding to me. Financial requirements are met with 800k in bank, however an agent may now be required because Jomtien made up their own rules that 800k required for 2 months instead of legal requirement of 1 day for non-imm O....

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please read my post carefully.

This is part of my post....

"If agent can assist with you providing your own 800k in the bank on day of application and you Maintaining the funds and then doing the 12 month extension yourself....That would be good outcome"...

Many folk use agents as "hand holding" 

Note my post was about him using his own funds and not have agent cover that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Every agent I contacted only want to do combined Non-imm O and 12 month extension together so have refused non-imm O only

OK skip that.

Just to be clear.

What is your current status in Thailand.

Meaning you entered visa exempt or....

How many days remaining on your current permission of stay.

How long has 800k been in your bank account.

Have you applied for 30 day extension already?

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Many folk use agents as "hand holding" 

Note my post was about him using his own funds and not have agent cover that. 

It's not "hand holding" when Jomtien immigration force people to go to an agent because of made up rules. That's why I'll be going to Laos to get my visa without forced agent fees

Plus hopefully a nice place to visit ????

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

Plus hopefully a nice place to visit

Saigon would be my pick but as stated earlier you require an appointment and may not suit your time frame.

Vientiane also requires an appointment.

Savannakhet does not.