Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, 1 week after Dominion settlement

Scott

Carlson’s messages lambasted the news division and management, revealed how he felt about Donald Trump and demonstrated his skepticism of the election lies — so much so that Fox attorneys and company founder Rupert Murdoch held him up as part of their defense of the company. The judge who oversaw the case ruled that it was “ CRYSTAL clear ” none of the election claims related to Dominion was true.

https://apnews.com/article/tucker-carlson-fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-trump-5d6aed4bc7eb1f7a01702ebea86f37a1?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_03

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

"English style fish and chips"?

No need to look any further to see that the man is a total liar!

To be fair, he MARRIED the heir to the Swanson fortune. 

If he's on substack or twitter, it's a much shallower reach and much less likely to be reported on.

The mainstream imprimatur of Fox News was a platform that he will never again have. Ask Glen Beck.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

While Tucker was in his comfortable studio, one of Fox's cameramen was killed and another injured in Ukraine. Tucker then went onto root for Russia!

While Carlson has been bloviating from the comfort of his studio, repeatedly propagandizing for Russian President Vladimir Putin while disparaging Ukraine and its allies, longtime Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski, 55, and 24-year-old Oleksandra Kuvshynova, a local journalist and consultant to the Fox News crew in Ukraine, were braving arms fire there. They died Monday when their vehicle was hit near Kyiv. Another Fox News reporter, Benjamin Hall, was injured in the attack.

Tucker: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/26/20983778/tucker-carlson-rooting-for-russia-ukraine-invasion-america-first

Yes, he is almost as despicable as trump.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

While Tucker was in his comfortable studio, one of Fox's cameramen was killed and another injured in Ukraine. Tucker then went onto root for Russia!

While Carlson has been bloviating from the comfort of his studio, repeatedly propagandizing for Russian President Vladimir Putin while disparaging Ukraine and its allies, longtime Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski, 55, and 24-year-old Oleksandra Kuvshynova, a local journalist and consultant to the Fox News crew in Ukraine, were braving arms fire there. They died Monday when their vehicle was hit near Kyiv. Another Fox News reporter, Benjamin Hall, was injured in the attack.

Tucker: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/26/20983778/tucker-carlson-rooting-for-russia-ukraine-invasion-america-first

Uh, that VOX clip is from more than 3 years ago..... nothing to do with the present conflict.  

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Apparently he is very welcome in Russia and if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Tucker Carlson you're not a patriot.

Top Kremlin propagandist tells Tucker Carlson he should run for president and 'You are always welcome in Russia and Moscow'

""You have our admiration and support in any endeavor you choose for yourself next, be it running for president of the United States (which you should totally do, by the way) or making an independent media project. We'll happily offer you a job if you wish to carry on as a presenter and host!""

Moscow Tucker.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Uh, that VOX clip is from more than 3 years ago..... nothing to do with the present conflict.  

Did he change his opinion? The first link says not.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Tucker is heir to the Swanson TV dinner fortune.  He's not going to be hurting financially.

437f7815938a9f347da5982376aea47c.jpg

But I could see him doing some kind of People's Temple thing.

I can no longer stomach Jon Stewart but I give him credit for being the first to openly confront this guy on television, about 20 years ago.

Does Tucker Carlson's Family Own Swanson?

Claim: Tucker Carlson's family owns Swanson food products.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The world is a far better place without this pathological liar on the air. 

It is astonishing that some people actually believe what he has to say. 

I think this is as good an explanation as we're gonna get as to how people with a (more or less) functioning brain can listen to these lies and not go; "Now wait a minute....!"

Jordan Klepper Recalls His Favorite MAGA Comment And It's A Doozy

"Klepper remembered talking to a woman during Trump’s first impeachment for trying to extort Ukraine and the then-president was blocking witnesses, including former national security adviser John Bolton, from testifying.

Klepper asked if blocking testimony would be an admission of guilt and the woman agreed it would and then Klepper told her Trump was blocking testimony.

“And she takes this very long beat, she thinks about it, and she says, ‘I don’t care,’” he said."

Keppler goes on to say that when politics and identities get mixed up they don't care about the truth anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I have a feeling

Translation: it came to me in a dream.

He'll def do well, but no way will he do as well as being on a major network. Debating this is not bad faith, it's just nuts.

It's like The Rolling Stones. They signed with a major label, not a small blues label. had they signed with Chess Records instead of Atlantic, they would not be still selling out stadiums today.

An offer from Blaze is not even the equivalent of Chess records. It's like being signed by a record store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I have a feeling that Tucker 2.0 will be even bigger than the current incantation. I am thinking similar to Joe Rogan. Once he is free of the network and the bosses, he will thrive.  He is/was a very good writer before hitting tv, and can also do long form interviews.  Not to mention organizations like Blaze and Daily Wire have probably already sent him offers. 

I have a feeling he will be tormenting the entitled left and the Washington uniparty for many years to come.

With out the cult following he will begin an historic fall is my opinion.  Same as the clown Dan Bongino 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, riclag said:

TC  & Fox have  decided to

part  ! It was a great while it lasted.

His brand of commentary was refreshing compared to the other host of characters thats on other sites, depending on one’s politics.

He’s gonna be around for awhile , he’s  young, he probably signed a nondisclosure agreement and will wait to take on a new news position , like Megan Kelly did before she went on to work for Nbc after parting Fox imop

Well who ever follows him in that spot sure has a tough job in meeting ratings ,after all it was the number 1 rated cable news show in 2023. 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/here-are-the-top-rated-cable-news-shows-for-q1-2023/526747/#:~:text=Tucker Carlson Tonight remains No,rounding out the top five.

Good luck TC

Does anyone know why he left?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

To be fair, he MARRIED the heir to the Swanson fortune. 

If he's on substack or twitter, it's a much shallower reach and much less likely to be reported on.

The mainstream imprimatur of Fox News was a platform that he will never again have. Ask Glen Beck.

Very altruistic of you to "be fair".

Fairness is however not a virtue which as far as I can see Carlson preaches or practices - in fact I doubt he would recognise it if it fell on his head!

Still, a noble gesture. I'll stick to taking the piss if you don't mind!????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1