Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, 1 week after Dominion settlement

Scott

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Very altruistic of you to "be fair".

I'm more making fun of him for pretending to be a Joe Blow kind of guy when he married into money.

My fave Tucker moments were him pretending to a hunting enthusiast. The last person you want to be in the woods with someone holding a gun would be Mr Poor Impulse Control.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

#4 on the apple news commentary? Like being the tallest midget. Brag on.

Pretending that this is not a major, major career setback for your man-crush is like at Monty Python, amputated knight-levels, screaming "it's only a flesh wound!!".

It is also hardly a "record store". You apparently don't know much about the evolution of media these days.  400 radio stations, plus plus plus.  You are just a bit too eager to crow without knowing the facts. 

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm more making fun of him for pretending to be a Joe Blow kind of guy when he married into money.

My fave Tucker moments were him pretending to a hunting enthusiast. The last person you want to be in the woods with someone holding a gun would be Mr Poor Impulse Control.

If Tucker actually personally married into money perhaps you could supply a link to support your hypothesis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I have a feeling that Tucker 2.0 will be even bigger than the current incantation. I am thinking similar to Joe Rogan. Once he is free of the network and the bosses, he will thrive.  He is/was a very good writer before hitting tv, and can also do long form interviews.  Not to mention organizations like Blaze and Daily Wire have probably already sent him offers. 

I have a feeling he will be tormenting the entitled left and the Washington uniparty for many years to come.

You can, I suppose, live in hope.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Wishful thinking.  Wherever he decides to go, it won't have the same reach that Fox News has.  Look at the guy that he replaced, Bill O'reilly, who was just as popular as Tucker is when he was forced to leave.  Ole Bill is practically invisible now.

Exactly. OLD Bill, already on the downside. Plus $60 million plus in legal settlements for his sins.   These days there is a lot more to the media landscape than cable tv.

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

If there are other suites pending (as we understand there are) will "Tucker Carlson said it but we have fired him" be an effective defence?

I thought that is what editors are for.

Editors are there to prevent the lies before they are told, not to put out the fire afterwards. They can't do that.

Edited by ozimoron

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, only 10 million listeners....  keep trying.

Ohhh, 10 million listeners... There are over a million YouTube channels with over a million subscribers. What are you on about? Radio - reaches the 10,000,000 Americans over 75 ????????

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

If there are other suites pending (as we understand there are) will "Tucker Carlson said it but we have fired him" be an effective defence?

I thought that is what editors are for.

His, and shows of his type, have "producers" not "editors". You are thinking of another type of media. 

Edited by mikebike

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Ohhh, 10 million listeners... There are over a million YouTube channels with over a million subscribers. What are you on about? Radio - reaches the 10,000,000 Americans over 75 ????????

Probably only those in cars driving to Walmart and back.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you hate it so much why do you apparently watch it so much?

You are perhaps not aware of the penetration FOX have into bars, restaurants, businesses waiting areas.

Its not at all unusual to come across FOX being presented multiple times while going about a day’s normal personal business.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Does Tucker Carlson's Family Own Swanson?

Claim: Tucker Carlson's family owns Swanson food products.

In 1979, Carlson's father married divorcée Patricia Caroline Swanson, an heiress to Swanson Enterprises

so, effectively he's rich anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1