Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, 1 week after Dominion settlement

Scott

Tucker is heir to the Swanson TV dinner fortune.  He's not going to be hurting financially.

437f7815938a9f347da5982376aea47c.jpg

But I could see him doing some kind of People's Temple thing.

I can no longer stomach Jon Stewart but I give him credit for being the first to openly confront this guy on television, about 20 years ago.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Never watched too much other than a few youtube clips. It might be part of the lawsuit settlement that Fox has to decruit a few people.  In any case, with the changing media landscape these days, Tucker will probably be better off not being part of a large organization. I can see podcasts and Substack in his future, as well as a boatload of cash. He had 3 million viewers nightly, if he can take them to another platform he will be fine. 

As for a replacement, I personally hope it isnt Charlie Kirk. He seems like a bit of a blowhard to me.  How about Michael Knowles...

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At least it was more than balanced than CNN IMO. Certainly more entertaining and didn't rely on bashing Trump to get viewers.

Tucker getting the heave ho is going to make a lot of posters on AN happy, going by past comments, but I liked his shows, though he could have worked on more than one expression.

Yet, CNN holds its hosts to account for their aberrant behaviour as, IMO, everyone should be held, including criminal defendant Trump.

Don Lemon says he has been fired by CNN: ‘I am stunned’.

"The TV news anchor Don Lemon said on Monday he had been fired from CNN – the news breaking shortly after word of another major US media departure, that of Tucker Carlson from Fox News".

Don Lemon says he has been fired by CNN: ‘I am stunned’ | CNN | The Guardian

• Thumbs Up 1