koh samui weather

I was on koh samui weather few months ago, when it was raining every day and the temps were around 25 degrees....but now it seems to be the only place bearable with temps around 30 degrees which is ideal temperature.....

bkk is 35 or more...pattaya 33....chiangmai almost 40...i mean these places are unbearable for sober tourists, excluding vodka fuelled russkies and other falangs who likes to chug the sweet water all the time and dont feel any heat at all

so i guess koh samui is summer destination....other places in thailand makes even you  sweat profusely...

just my 50 bahts here

• Like 1

Perhaps the climate table for Samui might have your interest, but always remember that weather and climate are two different things. Climate is a long term average, weather is right now and can in Southeast Asia be quite dependent of El Nino and La Nina. Samui has two seasons, summer and rain (monsoon). Furthermore Samui climate and weather is regulated by the north-east monsoon...

image.png.f398f8d2f602fb6a0a4b49223161c620.png

Just a short distance away, on the opposite side of the Malacca Peninsula, is Phuket; but here it's the south-west monsoon, which results in a quite different climate...

image.png.059d6e9c322a8e87dfcca4b545968c41.png

So the saying that "the weather is better on Samui" is correct...:thumbsup:

And if you compare with the Isaan Plateau in northern Thailand, the climate up there is also quite different due to the landscape and surrounding mountains. Furthermore there are three seasons; summer, rain and winter...????

image.png.5c7f1a4e4d6b947366c9974705801125.png

So, the weather is an excellent excuse for selecting the party island...???? Samui as permanent residency for all year summer and barefoot Xmas...:whistling:

• Like 2

Totally agree phetphet.

Last week, in the sun, thermometer on my deck read 50 C. That was as high as it can go. Even in the shade it read 38 C.

All April, the temperature in my bedroom has been 32.7 to 33.0 C. That is with fans on and windows open.

A welcome downpour this morning has cooled everything down. Spectacular thunder and lightening.

Of course, PEA transformer exploded, as usual, and so no one has power for a few hours until it is fixed. Again.