A few questions regarding my upcoming trip to Laos

GameMaster

Hi there,

Got a few questions for those of you familiar with Laos.

1) I'm getting an eVisa online. Where am I supposed to do with it once I get it? Is there a special place that I'm supposed to go to once I've reach the Laos border checkpoint? Or is it the same procedure as those asking for a visa on arrival? Any scam that I choose be aware of?

2) On arrival I won't have Lao kips. Only Thai bahts. Will it do - at least to pay for a taxi/bus from the border to Vientiane? How much does it cost to go to Vientiane?

3) Any bank you recommend for withdrawals? Is there any common mistake that I could likely make when withdrawing ?

4) What would you say is the current best deal when it comes to mobile internet? Any provider known to be good at providing good connection at an affordable price? Where do I buy a SIM once I'm in Vientiane?

5) What kind of public transportation do they have in Vientiane (if any) that is convenient to move around town? Is the Loca app (equivalent of Grab if I got that right) worth it?

6) Is there a lot of theft when it comes to luggage when travelling by bus? Thailand is really super safe for that. How about Laos? Do you have to constantly keep an eye on your stuff?

Feel free to add any advice or thing that I should know.

Ok. Thank you so much !