Selling a house

Where on line are the best sites for selling property? My 3 storey house is on Koh Mak in Trad province, an area not serviced by some agents, including some big ones. I've registered with Lazudi (pending), Bahtsold and fazwaz. DeeOne on Koh Chang no longer handles Koh Mak property.

A lot of property is bought and sold on facebook marketplace, or the local buy/sell groups on facebook.

The hose I am in now, I found on FB marketplace, and sold previous condo on FB

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A lot of property is bought and sold on facebook marketplace, or the local buy/sell groups on facebook.

The hose I am in now, I found on FB marketplace, and sold previous condo on FB

I'll try it. Seems like a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Op - take some nice photos and list your place on Facebook Market Place.

You will be contacted by a load of agents who’ll tell you they have a buyer etc.. they're all generally lying at this stage - they just want to ‘list your house’ and try and get 3% of the sale.

Thus - you can opt for No Agents; state that in your listing, and also state ‘sale by owner’... 

But, there is no real harm in an Agent also listing your place if they help get it sold, the experience I have is that when selling a place lot of agents are total chancers and time wasters.

• Love It 1

46 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op - take some nice photos and list your place on Facebook Market Place.

You will be contacted by a load of agents who’ll tell you they have a buyer etc.. they're all generally lying at this stage - they just want to ‘list your house’ and try and get 3% of the sale.

Thus - you can opt for No Agents; state that in your listing, and also state ‘sale by owner’... 

But, there is no real harm in an Agent also listing your place if they help get it sold, the experience I have is that when selling a place lot of agents are total chancers and time wasters.

Lots of truths in your post, as I have bought and sold a couple of houses here and have friends in the real estate business, and for them it's mainly about getting a listing, whether or not they have a firm buyer.

As far as I can recall, the commission these days is around 5% (if you're lucky) however I introduced a real estate guy I know to a friend of mine when he was selling his apartment, and I left them to it because I didn't want to be seen to be "part of the deal", which I wasn't. However when I telephoned my friend to see how he got on, he wasn't going to take it any further because the agent wanted 10% commission!!

I do know friends you have sold items on Facebook, as well as one who has rented two large houses via that medium, so it's worth a try and costs nothing but time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for all the replies. I've managed to list on a few sites, and FB. Location is key. Where my house is might be considered a backwater, off the beaten track, so very few agents will handle it, even though it's what might appeal. Most sales there are done by word of mouth, or visitors who know what they're looking for, so I'll have to content myself with that. 

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Thanks for all the replies. I've managed to list on a few sites, and FB. Location is key. Where my house is might be considered a backwater, off the beaten track, so very few agents will handle it, even though it's what might appeal. Most sales there are done by word of mouth, or visitors who know what they're looking for, so I'll have to content myself with that. 

Just another thought, a guy I know sold his house by putting a large for sale "flag" (large banner) on the outside of his fence and he got quite a few enquiries from that, and eventually sold it that way.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Just another thought, a guy I know sold his house by putting a large for sale "flag" (large banner) on the outside of his fence and he got quite a few enquiries from that, and eventually sold it that way.

Good luck.

I've had 4 made up. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1