Help, against good advice offered here, I married my long term GF in Isaan. Coming apart, advice please.

notrub

11 hours ago, notrub said:

i think she has my credit card wallet

hmmmm I'd be really worried about this one, do you understand the internet and stuff like 2 factor authentication?

ie I'm a Brit for my sins lol, I still have a UK bank account and I can log into it using a computer or a mobile but then I need an authentication code sent to a mobile...my point is I can still easily monitor the spending and stop the card if needed, the last thing you want on top of everything else is a massive credit card bill turning up.......good luck

• Like 1

4 hours ago, driver52 said:

the last thing you want on top of everything else is a massive credit card bill turning up.......good luck

Yeah, and just wait till she starts online gambling and visiting the loans sharks.

Any possessions you put in her name are gone in an instant.

A troll post in bad taste has been removed. 

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

So sorry about your relationship!

Run to a lawyer without  haste ! Discuss your legal options! 
Avoid any kind of argumentative confrontation with your wife.

75 , just when you think you have all your ducks in a row!

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

The reality is you are correct,  I would be concerned about my own well being in that house if she wants him out, especially if he has nobody to watch him. 

Which is exactly why I suggested moving a new woman in; whether it be a new prospect or a carer. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

You should never put yourself in a position where, if things get too bad, you just can't walk away. At your age the last thing you need is rows and nagging until you die. Can you afford to rent somewhere. Just walk out and start a new life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure exactly how usufruct works and what is considered the house???? 

Change your will.

Brick in the carport and live there, then suggest to her that you will stop supporting her. 

Your wife is bored . Take her for a two week holiday to the beach.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

You haven't married an Isaan woman and lived in her village before have you?

You are likely to live in a cluttered, dusty, dirty, disorganized pig sty eating nothing but sweet, spicy, stinky, rotting, fermented papaya salad, white sticky rice, and foul, partially off meat deep fried in black, rancid, over-used cooking oil.

That's the life.

I feel sorry for your and everyone else's experience, I can feel the bitterness in your posts

• Haha 1

Just now, thailandsgreat said:

Thanks for sharing. I had no idea this could happen with a 58 y.o. women, your gf since 7-8 yrs. You have an open attitude to it and will find a reasonable solution.

What would be such a "reasonable solution"?

She let her new lover move in with her and he can live in the chicken shed?

chickens-2048px-2-19.jpg

• Haha 1

This is just another wake up call that reminds us all of how nasty, cunning and conniving they can be.

They have zero conscience about their actions and underhandedness.  They don't give a rats about taking farang for a ride. 

The part that I would be angry about and I would suspect others feel the same is that you provide a roof over their head, food, car and whatever .... and after giving them all this and supporting them they soon decide it was all a game and it's time for the farang to get out of their lives. 

It's one country I'll never ever forget,   and it won't be for it's honesty that's for damn sure.   

Edited by steven100
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This is just another wake up call that reminds us all of how nasty, cunning and conniving they can be.

They have zero conscience about their actions and underhandedness.  They don't give a rats about taking farang for a ride. 

The part that I would be angry about and I would suspect others feel the same is that you provide a roof over their head, food, car and whatever .... and after giving them all this and supporting them they soon decide it was all a game and it's time for the farang to get out of their lives. 

It's one country I'll never ever forget,   and it won't be for it's honesty that's for damn sure,   more for their inbreed thievery.

I think he should walk. Let her pay her own bills and expenses for the rest her life or rely on someone else

If the vehicles are his , take them with him. She can take the bus.

He'll enjoy his pension more if it's just for him.

Edited by 2009

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:
58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How does he kick her out of her house on her land?

Doesn't he have a usufruct on it til the day he dies?

You think that enables him to kick out the woman who owns the property and the land that it is built on?

This I copied from a legal page. So there comes no obligations with cohabitation? As long as you don't marry you will be fine.

First, there is more freedom in a cohabitation relationship. As a cohabiting partner you are free to leave virtually whenever you want; there are no formal legal relationships to dissolve, just pack your suitcases and leave. Second, as a party to a cohabitation relationship you have the freedom to explore romantic relationships with others without causing the legal headaches involved with committing adultery. Third, you can create a cohabitation agreement with a same—sex partner. Finally, unless you specifically choose to do so, you do not become legally liable for the debts of your partner simply by virtue of the fact of living together.

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Doesn't he have a usufruct on it til the day he dies?

A usufruct is useless imo ....   who would want to stay in a house if your not welcome and they want you gone? ...  it could be a big risk and mistake staying there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that enables him to kick out the woman who owns the property and the land that it is built on?

I don't think she has the right to use that property with the usufruct in his name.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's one country I'll never ever forget,   and it won't be for it's honesty that's for damn sure,   more for their inbreed thievery.

Meh, Thailand is much better than most countries in the west in regards to own wealth preservation when in a relationship. If your small head doesn't prevail, your partner is entitled to nothing of your past accumulated assets, unless you decide as the OP to transfer that wealth to their title.

In Oz if you have a gf, have 10 times more assets than her, and live together long enough to be considered de facto partners...then the partner can claim half of your assets, including your super. Don't need to be married, it is enough to be living together long enough, AFAIK 6 months or an year.

A married friend of mine with his own (before marriage) apartment in Sydney had to take a new mortgage on his own paid off apartment when they divorced. Back to ground zero and she walked off with hundreds of thousands easy money.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Some call it 'culture', man.

your description of how your life, was is your experience, and it is time for some to own up to be a man, and take responsibillity for their own actions and what happens to them. 

We all know what it means to involve with a woman,, especially poor women, and still some just walk in to it with open eyes, and when it goes wrong, they blaim the women like Steven do above. Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes, it doesnt help to wine about it rest of your life. Walk away, forget it, 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2