Help, against good advice offered here, I married my long term GF in Isaan. Coming apart, advice please.

notrub

5 minutes ago, Toolong said:

I've a question of my own: you appear to have your back against the wall a bit, so to speak. And I wondered.....does anyone have your back (so to speak!)? Friends locally or back home? Thai or falang?

I don't know you, or your background. So don't want to impose suggestions blindly (which might not match with your situation at all) but would suspect that as you're probably like many of us, it helps to not feel too isolated & vulnerable. Keep us informed on this forum, if you've a mind to do so. 

And you seem to know Thailand as I do and mentioned.  OP needs to be aware he needs some friends watching out for him.   Just saying ...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I wouldn't be hiring a lawyer while still in the house with her as she might become nastier than she is already - she's clearly not in her right mind, so therefore very unpredicable.  Also, she will get a lawyer that is on her side, and that will be a lot easier than the OP finding a good one (in the province). She'll tell the lawyer all types of BS stories to get them on her side. Apart from making things worse, his own lawyer might rip him off. I've been there and put in a lot of jeopardy using a bad lawyer. Apart from wasting my money, I had to defend a counter suit which cost me even more money with another lawyer. This was in Pattaya.

The usufruct is actually a big problem as it's an invitation to speed up his departure, which won't be difficult at age 75.

The reality is you are correct,  I would be concerned about my own well being in that house if she wants him out, especially if he has nobody to watch him. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1