Mystery surrounds abduction of 35 year old car salesperson in Chiang Mai

webfact

image.jpeg

by Samantha Rose

The case of Aom (not her real name), a 35 year old car salesperson working for a well-known automotive showroom near Kad Sam Yek in San Sai district, Chiang Mai, sparked concern when she disappeared, feared abducted, after meeting a 41 year old male customer at a coffee shop near her workplace on Saturday, April 29. The family reported her disappearance to the San Sai police station and the authorities have been working to locate her.

Last night, officers tracked Aom’s mobile phone signal to a boarding house in Mae Faek, San Sai district, where they found the suspicious male customer. Identified as Natthaphon, a 41 year old private courier driver, he managed to flee the scene, leaving only his girlfriend’s Yaris vehicle behind. The police seized the car as part of their ongoing investigations.

Today, a white Toyota pickup truck, thought to belong to Natthaphon, was discovered abandoned in the vicinity of a temple in the Doi Saket district. Upon inspection, the police found three motorcycles concealed within the enclosed rear compartment, though there was no sign of the suspect. Preliminary information suggests that Natthaphon left the vehicle at the temple on April 29, and his girlfriend collected him in her Yaris near the aforementioned boarding house.

At around 3pm yesterday, April 30, the investigative officers were able to apprehend Natthaphon near Pratu Thapae in Chiang Mai city centre. He had parked his motorcycle near Tha Pae Gate before being spotted and recognised by a local who had seen him in the news. The witness alerted the police, who were able to arrest the suspect and detain him for further questioning regarding the disappearance of the car salesperson.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/suspect-arrested-in-abduction-of-car-saleswoman-evidence-found-includes-hammer-used-condom-and-bloodstained-glasses-confirmed-by-daughter

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

At around 3pm yesterday, April 30, the investigative officers were able to apprehend Natthaphon near Pratu Thapae in Chiang Mai city centre. He had parked his motorcycle near Tha Pae Gate before being spotted and recognised by a local who had seen him in the news.

He's got some explaining to do.. wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Car saleswoman brutally raped and murdered in Thailand, family demands death penalty
by leah 

image.jpeg

Photo via ThaiRath

The family of a young used car saleswoman who was brutally raped and murdered in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand, on Saturday is calling for the serial rapist responsible to be punished with the death penalty.

Police arrested a 40 year old suspect, Nathapol Panpadungsap, in Mueang district at 3.30pm on Sunday. He has a long criminal history and was most recently released on bail on April 10 after allegedly kidnapping and raping an 18 year old woman.

On Saturday, Nataphol pretended to be a customer interested in buying a second-hand car to lure in his 35 year old victim Yodying (“Aom”). He met Aom at a cafe near her company in San Sai district at 3pm. At the cafe, Nataphol bought coffee and looked at a car quotation document. Then, Aom got into Nataphol’s Toyota pickup truck.

Officers from San Sai Police Station said that Nataphol confessed to taking Aom to a motel where he raped and killed her. Then, he checked into another motel, took Aom’s body with him, and called his girlfriend to pick him up.

Police found Aom’s body in the hotel room on Saturday. Police said the back of her head was smashed in with a hammer and she had been strangled.

The accused told the police that after murdering Aom, he tried to rape a member of motel staff. He attempted to lure the woman into the room by telling her the TV was broken. When she sent a male member of staff to take a look, Nathapol did not allow him to enter the room.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/car-saleswoman-brutally-raped-and-murdered-in-thailand-family-demands-death-penalty

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Police said the back of her head was smashed in with a hammer and she had been strangled.

Do we need to know this detail ?

It's a description how she died. Part of the story though terrible. 

Why hiding?

I think its about time the families of murdered victims have a say in the sentence of the killers - and if that means they want the death penalty, they get it.

I'd also back 30 years sentence and the forced removal of all of his sex organs

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

He has a long criminal history and was most recently released on bail on April 10 after allegedly kidnapping and raping an 18 year old woman.

Nice days work judges?

He's obviously a lost cause and should never be released. Shouldn't the family prefer him to spend the rest of his life rotting in jail though, rather the swiftness of execution?

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

Agree...fast tracked to the firing squad. Or better...botched up lethal injection which causes extreme pain and extremely slow demise. Monster needs to suffer and pay back a bit before being removed from existence. 

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think its about time the families of murdered victims have a say in the sentence of the killers - and if that means they want the death penalty, they get it.

I'd also back 30 years sentence and the forced removal of all of his sex organs

I think this is how it works in Saudi.

I like it, but when a pay off happens, you kind of feel that justice has been denied and that money gratification is more important than true justice.

In my opinion there should be capital punishment in all countries.. If you see how many criminals have done such a bad things to people , than they don't deserve to live anymore. They only cost a lot of money in prison and all appeals they make at courts, while the family of the victims are punished to live with their loss. Besides maybe a lot of serious crimes could be prevented when they do the dead penalty in public.. I know there will always be people who will say suppose the judges were making a mistake...but there must be protection too ... of has evil a chance??

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Thai INjustice system has a lot to answer for here with this guy and his long prior history of crimes that included at least two prior rapes before the earlier one listed below, and then the latest one that's the subject of this thread:

"Despite his heinous and brutal crime, Nathapol was released on bail “because he acknowledged the charges and wasn’t considered a flight risk.” A decision which allowed him to go out and commit the rape and murder of Aom on April 29."

Sometimes, to outsiders, the "system" can seem to be absurdly obsessed with being seen to be "compassionate" towards offenders.

"Not same their country" at all.

????

Edited by Enoon

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He's obviously a lost cause and should never be released. Shouldn't the family prefer him to spend the rest of his life rotting in jail though, rather the swiftness of execution?

He won't "rot" in prison. He will have food to sustain him and will feel the sun on his back when allowed out in the yard. He will have people to talk to - maybe even make friends in there.

His victim will have none of these things, and her family/friends will suffer horribly.

If he had killed my daughter I would resent every day that he continued to live.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In my opinion there should be capital punishment in all countries.. If you see how many criminals have done such a bad things to people , than they don't deserve to live anymore. They only cost a lot of money in prison and all appeals they make at courts, while the family of the victims are punished to live with their loss. Besides maybe a lot of serious crimes could be prevented when they do the dead penalty in public.. I know there will always be people who will say suppose the judges were making a mistake...but there must be protection too ... of has evil a chance??

The death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent, whether executed publicly or behind closed doors because murders are either planned and in that case the murderer to be plans it so they hopefully won't get caught or the murder happens in the heat of the moment, in which case the perpetrator is so far gone into the red zone in that particular moment that they're incapable of thinking about the consequneces. Plus death row inmates cost a lot more than regular prisoners, due to special housing and lots of appeals. 

The only way this would work cost efficiently is, if you were to go the Chinese way, which is trial, conviction and then execution immediately afterwards, but that's not how it works in the western world. 

Edited by pacovl46

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

The death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent, whether executed publicly or behind closed doors because murders are either planned and in that case the murderer to be plans it so they hopefully won't get caught or the murder happens in the heat of the moment, in which case the perpetrator is so far gone into the red zone in that particular moment that they're incapable of thinking about the consequneces. Plus death row inmates cost a lot more than regular prisoners, due to special housing and lots of appeals. 

The only way this would work cost efficiently is, if you were to go the Chinese way, which is trial, conviction and then execution immediately afterwards, but that's not how it works in the western world. 

But I like the Chinese way more than the Western world... indeed death row inmates cost a lot and they are not worth it... the sooner the execution takes place the better...And yes in the Western world people don't like the death penalty, and yes it will not stop the murders and crimes, but at least there a few less. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

He won't "rot" in prison. He will have food to sustain him and will feel the sun on his back when allowed out in the yard. He will have people to talk to - maybe even make friends in there.

His victim will have none of these things, and her family/friends will suffer horribly.

If he had killed my daughter I would resent every day that he continued to live.

You make a Thai prison sound like a place that TAT should promote for visitors to the country. They'd charge a fee of course, instead of offering free food and lodging in the sun. And I assume you'd have no problem enjoying the facilities too, as you promote its attractions.

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You make a Thai prison sound like a place that TAT should promote for visitors to the country. They'd charge a fee of course, instead of offering free food and lodging in the sun. And I assume you'd have no problem enjoying the facilities too, as you promote its attractions.

Exaggerate much?

Stating that he will get fed, get out into the yard, and be able to talk to other people is equivelant to describing a TAT promotion?

You suggested that her family might prefer for him to rot in prison. I proposed a different point of view - my own.

As for your last sentence - don't you think that's a bit childish?