cd movies onto memory sticks ??

3NUMBAS

Two choices; ISO images or ‘ripping’ from disc to another format such as MP4. 
For ISO images you’ll need software such as VLC to play them. Often just easier to find an already ‘ripped’ download source. 

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

If you have Windows, burn them up to the  cloud via One Drive (or Google Drive). Then they can be accessible anywhere, any device.

depends on the size as I tried that recently and was faced with lack of "free" space and was advised to purchase extra space from google

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

depends on the size as I tried that recently and was faced with lack of "free" space and was advised to purchase extra space from google

Get Microsoft 365 Family @ $80 for up to SIX members, so you can have up to 6 TB of cloud storage, as well as 100 minutes of Skype per month each, and all Microsoft's Office apps. 

hollywood movies from the 80s 

tried loading em onto  usb sticks and windows sees empty          folders

it only reads cds or dvds of films

Edited by 3NUMBAS

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Get Microsoft 365 Family @ $80 for up to SIX members, so you can have up to 6 TB of cloud storage, as well as 100 minutes of Skype per month each, and all Microsoft's Office apps. 

thought $80 per year is expensive, couldn't find any link for life time $80

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

thought $80 per year is expensive, couldn't find any link for life time $80

Did I say Lifetime? No $80 a year for all that seems a bargain to me. Share it between 6 of you = $13 each per year. Expensive?

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Did I say Lifetime? No $80 a year for all that seems a bargain to me. Share it between 6 of you = $13 each per year. Expensive?

have free version... for storage free google drive with 15 GB

Just now, Mavideol said:

have free version... for storage free google drive with 15 GB

Free version of what? You get 5GB with your Microsoft account, and I think the same with Google Drive. Enough for all your movies?

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Free version of what? You get 5GB with your Microsoft account, and I think the same with Google Drive. Enough for all your movies?

sorry my misunderstanding nothing free

Edited by Mavideol
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

sorry my misunderstanding nothing free

You are so correct. You see things with 'FREE Delivery' or 'Free Insurance. Substitute the word 'INCLUDING' for FREE. Someone has to pay for it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You are so correct. You see things with 'FREE Delivery' or 'Free Insurance. Substitute the word 'INCLUDING' for FREE. Someone has to pay for it.

and have bee teaching that to the kid fro quite sometime as she always come up to me saying the store is offering "FREE" something, my answer to her is that in this world nothing is free, I guess should have read the fine printing 555

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and have bee teaching that to the kid fro quite sometime as she always come up to me saying the store is offering "FREE" something, my answer to her is that in this world nothing is free, I guess should have read the fine printing 555

however somehow it still indicating  FREE 15 GB take a look478688552_Screenshot(1).png.c3547c835ad9744fbaf174651669236d.png

8 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i envisaged a facility to save it as a mp4 whilst the film is playing normaly if such a thing exists. like utube saver

Try "Format Factory" as that does most things!!

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2023 at 8:35 AM, recom273 said:

TBH - To save yourself the trouble, you are better just throwing the 540 DVDs away and downloading 1080P HD rips from a torrent site where someone has already taken the time to compress them already.

Might even get a better quality movie that way as a lot of older movies are being remastered in BluRay format. BDRip in h265 codec from a trusted release group, what could possibly go wrong? ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

wondercare uniconverter app  is just what ime looking for so giving it a try

Have you installed any wondershare apps on your computer?

Just google .. "Wondeshare malware"

Wondershare is loaded down with adware/malware/PUPs

Stay far away from them and any product from them.

Edited by recom273

Yes it can be done but it's a bad idea.

Memory cards aren't designed for long term storage. If left unpowered, the data will be lost after a period of time.

The way people do it is a centralised storage system called a NAS. You store your films on there, then your mobiles/tablets/computers can all access it from there.