Carlson’s Text That Alarmed Fox Leaders: ‘It’s Not How White Men Fight’

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Scolding members of your own racial/cultural group for their poor behavior is not racist.  It is a way to express disappointment.

If you want my expanded comments on OTHER people who commented on Tucker's comments about a news clip he saw, perhaps this is not the proper venue. You are more than welcome to start another discussion about that.  Suffice to say that I did not find them particularly racist. Hyperbolic perhaps but generally accurate.

So you don’t understand the concept of ‘the corollary, (when applied to matters of race).

Knock me down with a feather.

18 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Scolding members of your own racial/cultural group for their poor behavior is not racist.  It is a way to express disappointment.

If you want my expanded comments on OTHER people who commented on Tucker's comments about a news clip he saw, perhaps this is not the proper venue. You are more than welcome to start another discussion about that.  Suffice to say that I did not find them particularly racist. Hyperbolic perhaps but generally accurate.

Express disappointment with what? 

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

I wrote "and so on" because I didn't feel the desire to write out every country in the world that the white ethnic group inhabits. 

And yes, white people all over the world do share the same ethnicity (irrespective of where they are in the world.)

How can you try to argue that white people all over the world don't have the same ethnicity?? 

You know this has been studied by social scientists.

Why can't you see that people (from different countries, even) who belong to the same ethnic group have more in common that group than people from other ethnic groups?

Even though there are some differences between Thais and Malaysians, they still have more in common with each other, than with me (for example)

Because I do not belong to their ethnic group.

The mistake you make is to assume that the ethnic differences have something to do with culture or that they inherently make any difference to values. They don't

Whiteness is no more of a culture than blue eyed blondes or red headed spotty girls. They are a product of genes which don't affect social characteristics in anyway. Banding together in artificial "tribal" groups based on skin color is racism.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The mistake you make is to assume that the ethnic differences have something to do with culture or that they inherently make any difference to values. They don't

Whiteness is no more of a culture than blue eyed blondes or red headed spotty girls. They are a product of genes which don't affect social characteristics in anyway. Banding together in artificial "tribal" groups based on skin color is racism.

In that case, why is "whiteness" celebrated/derided by myriad OTHER cultural groups? Black kids are taunted for "acting white" if they get good grades in school, for "talking white" if they speak unaccented standard English, and so on.  Obviously they aren't concerned with genetics, but with actions. Which means culture.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Grievance? Quite the opposite! I actually married a "Tiger mom"...worked out rather well for our son!

Mentioning a specific cultural group and assigning it a value or trait is not racism. 

It is when it's obvious that such a belief depends on the denigration of others. Claiming that fighting fair is a trait of white people is obviously denigratory to those who aren't. And given that Carlson is an American commentator it's clear what racial group  or groups he must be referring to.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 10:26 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

The NY Times is the news reporter, the source is Carlson’s text messages.

don't confuse a fox viewer with the truth.....they applaud sources like fox that tell them the lies they long to hear...the big lie, conspiracy theories...anything to keep them riled up and tuned in for the next lie......

Fox "news": " We lied to you about a rigged election"

Fox viewers:  "We don't believe you"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2009 said:

I wrote "and so on" because I didn't feel the desire to write out every country in the world that the white ethnic group inhabits. 

And yes, white people all over the world do share the same ethnicity (irrespective of where they are in the world.)

How can you try to argue that white people all over the world don't have the same ethnicity?? 

You know this has been studied by social scientists.

Why can't you see that people (from different countries, even) who belong to the same ethnic group have more in common that group than people from other ethnic groups?

Even though there are some differences between Thais and Malaysians, they still have more in common with each other, than with me (for example)

Because I do not belong to their ethnic group.

First off, your definition of ethnicity as depending on race is B.S.

definition of ethnicity

an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like:

And there's only one word for someone who believes say, that, if he's a White American, that he has more in common with a white person from, say, Greece, than he does with a Chinese American or an African American. 

• Like 1

How sad it is to be so far down the rabbit hole that you twist yourself into a pretzel to try and defend a proven liar like carlson who privately admits he hates trump but then sucks up to his every word without having the gonads to tell trump to his face that he hates him. 

Tells you all you need to know about his integrity and lack of courage if you just listen to him and open your eyes to the fact that fox viewers are played for suckers by many of their "news/entertainment" stars.  Fox's own attorneys admitted in court that nobody should take them seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Fox's own attorneys admitted in court that nobody should take them seriously.

When the heat started to get turned up, Sidney Powell, looney toons/Fox personality that is part of the stolen election initiative, said something to the effect of "there was no reason anyone should have believed what I was saying."   Huh?

• Like 1

Thread clean up.

Off topic inflammatory troll post removed along with replies.

More off topic troll posts removed from the same member. Persist and look forward to a warning.

Topic from the OP

A text message sent by Tucker Carlson that set off a panic at the highest levels of Fox on the eve of its billion-dollar defamation trial showed its most popular host sharing his private, inflammatory views about violence and race.

25 minutes ago, 2009 said:

It's exactly like Tucker's statement. 100% ✓✓

Very good example, except when those people who make comments like that at Thai's, that's also racism except its done on an anonymous forum and not by a TV host who then has his texts exposed. Especially when his remarks were towards a BLM getting beaten up by a group of white's after all they don't fight like that.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 8:21 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

These private text messages that have been released IMO show Tucker is a sincere person. I think we are all aware that his video he released after the firing has 80 MILLION views. ie the campaign to destroy Tucker has made him much stronger. I think the power and influence he wields in the runup to the 2024 election will be a determining factor - and probably the reason for so much of the democrat supporters hatred and fear for the man openly on display.

Please stop using the term "we". you are only speaking for yourself.

When a presenter has so many people  agreeing with his admittedly open lies, IMHO he gets 2 written warnings and the third time he gets fired.

Again this is only MY feeling.

Unlike you I can only speak for myself, as I am not arrogant enough to believe that I speak for other people.