Visa Extensions Are Too Costly

Bangkok Post - Postbag - 03/07/04

Visa extensions are too costly

Some friends arrived in the Kingdom for a holiday, a family of five lawyers from the UK. They travelled around Thailand for nearly four weeks and decided to extend their stay for one week to do some heavy shopping prior to departure.

I advised them it would cost 500 baht to extend the visa for each person. To my horror, I found out this has been increased nearly four times to 1,900 baht each.

My friends decided to do their shopping elsewhere. Thailand lost again because of stupid greed and shortsighted idiocy.

These were the type of tourists we want in the Kingdom, a family with money to spend. Who made this visa decision and why?

Absolute stupidity, a Third World way of thinking. I am a proud Thai, a final year student, but I felt ashamed. Our politicians leave a lot to be desired.

Lid

45 usd each.too expensive? Heavy shopping plans??

Check what all kind of activities cost at our own embassy?

(legalize one signature at dutch embassy 40 usd)!

How come your member qualification is: retiree ?

being a last year thai student. confusing :o

5 Lawyers aint got 1900 baht to rub together!........LMAO :o

Not to rub together !

But rather Bht 1900 each x 5 = Bht 9,500

Many members complained when the

extension fees were increased.

Posters now seem to support the increases???

The Thai student who has just heard of

the increases is certainly ready to Criticize

the Politicians for doing this ...

Roger

The Thai student who has just heard of the increases is certainly ready to Criticize the Politicians for doing this...

Maybe the Thai student got a lot of criticism from his "friends" when they told him of the huge increase, he lost "face" and so wrote to the Bangkok Post :o

The Thai student who has just heard of the increases is certainly ready to Criticize the Politicians for doing this...

Maybe the Thai student got a lot of criticism from his "friends" when they told him of the huge increase, he lost "face" and so wrote to the Bangkok Post :o

I guess that the Thai student is kinda lucky that he is not studying in a ' western ' university then. That is where visa fees are super expensive.

• 4 months later...

I guess that the Thai student is kinda lucky that he is not studying in a ' western ' university then. That is where visa fees are super expensive.

Anybody waying pros and cons, making sensible choices whatever social status or location : i'm all for it.

Competition is the name of the game or does TH think they can escape that like they kind of thought in the nineties but nosedived ?

Most nationalities that get thirty days on arrival in TH get ninety days for Signapore or Malaysia.

Yeaah i know the notable exception for Malaysia : Israël citizens: NO ENTRY.

Malaysia is also allowed to make sensible choices isn't it ?

I say good riddance to the cheap charlies

Thailand didn't change the fee structure for some 18 years. If there had been gradual increases it would have passed without comment. One has to feel sorry for those poor poverty struck Brit lawyers :o

Them cheap charly lawyers don't matter... just them way tooo greedy TH govs and their freaking mole like mouthpieces.

In a nutshell : gradual fee increases would make people blind :D

that's a new one .... heard same same about tossing too much... all nonsens of course even a blind mole knows that :D

Now comes the difficult part : u can bed ur sweet ass them cheap charlie lawyers went on a biiiggggg tiiiimee shopping spree was it MY or HK or SG..... just take a wiiiiiiiiiild guess ... well i'll spell it out for u : them cheap charlie lawyers did knowingly and willfully spend their biiiig tiiiiime phucking money the next day OUTSIDE of phucking TH :D

Thailand didn't change the fee structure for some 18 years. If there had been gradual increases it would have passed without comment. One has to feel sorry for those poor poverty struck Brit lawyers :o

Them cheap charly lawyers don't matter... just them way tooo greedy TH govs and their freaking mole like mouthpieces.

that's a new one .... heard same same about tossing too much... all nonsens of course even a blind mole knows that :D

Now comes the difficult part : u can bed ur sweet ass them cheap charlie lawyers went on a biiiggggg tiiiimee shopping spree was it MY or HK or SG..... just take a wiiiiiiiiiild guess ... well i'll spell it out for u : them cheap charlie lawyers did knowingly and willfully spend their biiiig tiiiiime phucking money the next day OUTSIDE of phucking TH :D

Dude, I'm not too clear on the point you were trying to get across. come again please

This one must be on something very strong. So few posts, and his long term prognosis as a forum member does not look good at all.