Anyone else in BKK having increased electrical power outages lately?

TallGuyJohninBKK

We live in a central, well-developed area of BKK where we rarely have electrical outages in recent years...

HOWEVER, two nights ago, the power went out at about 1 am and didn't come back until about 5 am.... which I assumed because of the hour might have been due to some kind of area traffic mishap. But then again this afternoon, the power went out again for about an hour.... as temperatures were soaring to about 100F.....

So, anyone else experiencing the same lately?  Maybe ours were just some kind of localized outages... Or, maybe not?

You can check the MEA website for scheduled maintenance, which is what may have occurred for you (two nights ago)?

Other than one scheduled maintenance, which MEA advised us a week in advance, we have not experienced any outtages in years. I'm in Khet Watthana (Vadhana) When I first moved here 20 years ago it seemed like we got an outage every day.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bamnutsak said:

we have not experienced any outtages in years. I'm in Khet Watthana (Vadhana) When I first moved here 20 years ago it seemed like we got an outage every day.

Ya, we used to in past years have a lot of periodic outages, and transformers blowing out, during the rainy seasons, when the water apparently caused problems with the lines and/or connections. But in more recent years, that seems to have become much more rare around these parts.

7 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Other than one scheduled maintenance, which MEA advised us a week in advance,

We rent in a family's building. So I don't think I've ever received one of those maintenance notices in 15+ years living here... The owners may get them in the mail since they're the ones who pay the electric bills directly. But to the extent any notices arrive, they don't seem to get passed along to us.

PS - looked thru the MEA's recent scheduled outages notice (thanks to your suggestion). Nothing pertained to our home area for the past couple days.

https://www.mea.or.th/en/content/detail/80/7725

https://www.mea.or.th/en

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

Every condo / shop has probably got their AC set to 15 C, and the grid is overloaded. 

I highly doubt that. My house is at 28 and still feeling cold every now and then. 

No outages more than a couple of minutes in the last years.

Edited by FritsSikkink