hi all need some advice I need to return to thailand a.s.a.p. iam legiable for non o based on marrige. however I don't have time to apply for a visa in u.k. my question is can i enter visa exempt ( ie 30 day stamp) and then get 3 month extension based on marrige whilst in thailan( I don't req the 1 year ) thanks for any replies

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

How often do you travel to Thailand?

You could enter visa exempt and then go to Savannakhet to get a Multi Entry Non O. That would then cover you for subsequent visits during the next 12 months 

Very good advice. 

When you do not stay semi-permanently in Thailand, but often travel in-out the country and want to avoid building a 'history' of Tourist Visa/Visa Exempt entries, applying at the Savannakhet, Laos consulate for the 1-year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O Visa for reason of marriage is most probably your best option. 

That Visa does not require any financials to be proven, and basically you only need to prove that you are married to your Thai wife that needs to be present during your application.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That Visa does not require any financials to be proven, and basically you only need to prove that you are married to your Thai wife that needs to be present during your application.  

I know what you mean regards providing proof of marriage but to be clear your wife does not need to be present. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I know what you mean regards providing proof of marriage but to be clear your wife does not need to be present. 

I stand to be corrected. 

If his wife does not need to be with him when applying at the Savannakhet Consulate for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, that makes that option even better for the OP!

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

If his wife does not need to be with him when applying for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, that makes that option even better for the OP!

As you are aware for a non O based on marriage applied for in Thailand the wife does need to attend. 

• Like 1