What is the ruling plz when residing here and visiting other provinces then returning.

As the title suggests living in Thailand and doing some travel around that requires staying in hotels then returning to you living address....

I know immigration expects you to notify of your return and previously when i rented a condo it was taken care of each time on return by the staff there, but now im an owner, i did come across what looks like a fairly legitimate website that should know the rules where they stated as an owner its not required.

Today for different reasons i visited immigration and while there asked that question, of course i didnt get a straight answer but they did give me the name of a website i could upload the details, on looking at this website quickly it seems for hotel use only...

So if any know or experienced this plz tell me your experience..

The TM-30 requirements depend on YOUR LOCAI IO POLICY. 

I always file a TM-30 as POSSESSOR myself when I move, ( or if I was to leave Thailand ) and have documents to support the above - rental agreement / lease, utility deposits / bills, and etc.

We had a family stay with us for a month, I filed a TM-30 in under 15 for 2 adults and 1 child.

Find out your LOCAL IO POLICY to be on the safe side. YOU are responsible that ...ALL... YOUR PAPERWORK is in order.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

The TM-30 requirements depend on YOUR LOCAI IO POLICY. 

I always file a TM-30 as POSSESSOR myself when I move, ( or if I was to leave Thailand ) and have documents to support the above - rental agreement / lease, utility deposits / bills, and etc.

We had a family stay with us for a month, I filed a TM-30 in under 15 for 2 adults and 1 child.

Find out your LOCAL IO POLICY to be on the safe side. YOU are responsible that ...ALL... YOUR PAPERWORK is in order.

I am in Pattaya, they did say i needed to at immigration this morning but they also sent me to the wrong que a few times too, new to here previous dealt with BKK immigration which seems a little more on the ball...

I will get the TGF to look into it shes likley to get more sense out of them than i.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Note some crackpot immigration offices (CM being one example) are not following to rule change regarding TM30 made in June 2020. 

Songkhla being another. Went to do my 1 year extension today and they told me my TM30 was incorrect because I've travelled to Bangkok since the last one (registered on return from Malaysia). I politely suggested that the rules had changed, but the response was in "Bangkok but not in Songkhla". Wife had to pop into the other office next door to register a new TM30, thankfully they didn't impose a fine.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Condo owner is wrong.

From June 2020 folk such as yourself on extensions from a non O..... DO NOT need to file a TM30 when you travel and stay out of province and then return to your usual place a residence.

Nor is a TM30 required when you exit Thailand and return using a reentry permit.

Thank you so much, that seems to be the consensus here in this forum...

• Like 1

While I agree totally with Dr Jack in principle, reality is somewhat different.

Last year I re-entered Thailand with a Re-Entry permit but did not do another TM30.  During my home visit by Immigration Police [I am on a marriage extension and have been for some years] the policeman picked up on this from the entry date in my passport and the form stapled in it.

He gave me a bit of a 'telling-off' [but nothing serious] and warned me to do it next time I leave and re-enter [which I am doing very soon].

It just proves that different offices have different rules.  There is no point in questioning them even though you know they are wrong.  It may seem wrong to us farangs but this is still Thailand and for a peaceful existence following a few misinterpreted rules does not seem too much of a burden.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Same as your True experience. The person who said no didn't know, whereas the engineer who would do the job did know. Same happens in banks when they give you the "Cannot". Ask, politely, to speak with someone else and you'll often get a different answer. You have to accept that many Thais are not very bright and they lack initiative. Their IQ level is reported as 88, whereas in 

Yes i have found this right across the board here, from home internet to new car warranty on some plastic parts for my car the list is endless...in shops, i may ask but i dont take to much stock in what they say, when i was renovating my condo went in to a major store here and asked for a air con that would do 50 to 60sq m, "no have" i said you may not have in stock but would need to order in, disappears then returns "no have" twice i seen this joker even brought in a Panasonic catalog with the said machine in there and still was getting "no have" in the end asked to speak to the manger then it got sorted, like another poster said here even i there wrong there right you just go along with it, like yesterday immigration at Jomtien said you must notify....well i wont and lets see what happens when my next 90 day rolls around.

21 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Today for different reasons i visited immigration and while there asked that question, of course i didnt get a straight answer but they did give me the name of a website i could upload the details, on looking at this website quickly it seems for hotel use only...

You are most probably referring to the IO TM-30 website < TM30 online reporting >.  Indeed, when you open that website the website-address states: Login for FN Hotel

But that puts you on the wrong foot, because it is not limited to Hotels, but is actually the site where you can register the address of the place where a foreigner is staying.  Obviously most Hotels/Guesthouses will have registered on it, as it allows them to do the TM-30 notification of a foreigner staying at their premises on-line.

So if you own your own place, or are renting (and the landlord has not yet registered the  address you are residing on that IO TM-30 website), you can register the place yourself (an easy process) and it will then allow you to notify your local Immigration Office on-line by issuing a TM-30 that a foreigner is residing at that place without the need of going to your Imm Office in person. 

In most provinces when you return to your official address after a domestic or Re-Entry permit international trip, there is no need to re-issue a TM-30 notification. 

But when you are residing in one of those provinces like ChiangMai where the rogue Imm Office expects you to notify them every time you return to your place, then it's very handy to register your address and re-issue a TM-30 notification that you returned to your official address (it takes less than 2 minutes). 

Note: I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline on how to register your address on that IO TM-30 website and subsequently issue a TM-30 on-line to your local Imm Office.

16 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

There is no answer to your question.

Ruke #1: (written in every Governmental website)

"Every signle officer can make additional rules according to their feelings of that day."

What is "True" for immigration office "x" doesn't mean that it is "True" for immigration office "y".

Last rule on their/my list

"and any other document the officer requests"

Up to them init. :saai:

18 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

No rule, forget about it. No one is watching. 

Just did my 90day and in that time spent a few nights in hotels and had my daughter stay 2weeks, not a word said, in & out in 3min flat. :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, fobuff said:

NONE

Up to your local office, like most things with immigration here.

Best find out first.

or you may get a very unpleasant surprise.

They make there own rules up.

day to day, week to week. and even different officers in the same office.

what a laugh they are.

TIT.

Edited by quake