Schengen Visa

Hi, I have looked for the information, to no avail? Ok I want to take my Wife to Spain for a week in October... I have the application form...I know I have to contact the Spanish Embassy, does anyone have the UK number or right department on this?

Hi, I have looked for the information, to no avail? Ok I want to take my Wife to Spain for a week in October... I have the application form...I know I have to contact the Spanish Embassy, does anyone have the UK number or right department on this?

Oh , so you're in the UK !!! and do I assume you want it for a Thai passport holder who is resident in UK and you live in southern England?

The London address of the Spanish visa section is

20, Draycott Place

London

SW3 2RZ

Tel: 020 7589 8989

Fax: 020 7581 7888

Hi.

Dont know about spain but some Emassies are now charging a fee forprocessing the application but ofcourse there is no charge for the schengen visa itself as that would be illegal.

Some embassies are also quicker than others, and some do not require your thai wife to go personally to the embassy, but ofcourse the schengen visa is not exclusive to the country which issued it, shopping around for those in a hurry is a must.

roy

If your wife is Thai then get all the information you needed for her when applying for her uk.

You need Insurance equivlent to 30,000 euros and to cover her flight back if needed.

She will need money in her bank account as she will need to show she can fund the holiday herself. You will need to show where you will be staying (hotel booking) and an itineary of the trip. You should have an answer within 5 working days.

If your wife is Thai then get all the information you needed for her when applying for her uk.

You need Insurance equivlent to 30,000 euros and to cover her flight back if needed.

She will need money in her bank account as she will need to show she can fund the holiday herself. You will need to show where you will be staying (hotel booking) and an itineary of the trip. You should have an answer within 5 working days.

As this shengen issue has come up, does anybody know why citizens of Malaysia and Singapore get such favored treatment (may enter shengen without a visa) while the rest of all Asia, including Thia, is forced to apply? Cant see any historic favors like the brits once occupying these countries - anyway the brits are not in Schengen so colonial links would not apply. The whole thing seems grossly unfair and discriminatory.

If you're British and she's Thai then all you need are your passport, her passport and the marriage certificate. The visa is free, but you'll have to travel to the embassy or pay the postage.

As this shengen issue has come up, does anybody know why citizens of Malaysia and Singapore get such favored treatment (may enter shengen without a visa) while the rest of all Asia, including Thia, is forced to apply? Cant see any historic favors like the brits once occupying these countries - anyway the brits are not in Schengen so colonial links would not apply. The whole thing seems grossly unfair and discriminatory.

That's life, old son :o

My Wife and I are in the U.K, Northern England. She is on a UK Settlement Visa and we are wanting to visit friends etc in Spain. I would like to apply for it by post (addres if possible) if possible and how long will it take? Any links or advise welcomed.

Thanks All :o

My Wife and I are in the U.K, Northern England. She is on a UK Settlement Visa and we are wanting to visit friends etc in Spain. I would like to apply for it by post (addres if possible) if possible and how long will it take? Any links or advise welcomed.

Insurance for 30,000 euros. get your friends to mail you both an invitation letter with the address (if your staying with them) if not then the hotel booking and itineary. short letter from you saying why she is going, both passports, copy of marriage certificate, proof of your/her earnings, bank statements/books and any bills/invoices showing her name and your address.

You have already been given the address of where to send it to.

^ Again, if you're a UK citizen married to a Thai, all you'll need for a short-stay Schengen visa for her are: the completed app form, 2 photos, her passport, your passport and the (translated) marriage certificate, plus copies of the passports and certificate. You won't need letters of invitation, bank statements or proof of earnings. You don't even have to complete all of the application form, if you look at it, it clearly states that questions maked with * are optional for applicants married to EEA nationals. You may however have to indicate your expected arrival date in Spain on the form - the Austrian Embassy insisted that the wife had to do so in her (successful) application last week.

It should take about 5 working days, depends how efficient/busy the Spanish Embassy is (the Austrians issued one to the wife within 3 working days).

Also, don't forget to include a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope from the Post Office so the embassy can return your original documents to you safely.

Edited by paully

OK I get the picture, so which Spanish Embassy address do I send to for this visa or is it a seperate body entirely? The Spanish Embassy are very unclear on thier confusing website. The old addresses on searches on here prove to be dead links?