where to get repairs on a Pioneer audio video reciever ( AVR ) amplifier. in Thailand.

expatoz

I had someone plug my 120 volt amp into a Thai socket and fried something or other. This happened once in Europe, too, where it was fixed and was fine afterward. Wasn't cheap, though, 200 euro if I remember. Here in Chiang Mai, I took it to an electronics guy I know of (fixes anything/everything) and he fixed it very cheaply. However, it now sounds really bad. I don't know why or what was changed but it was a great, very clean, Yamaha amp and now I don't even listen to it because the audio quality is so bad.

My point being, try and make sure whoever repairs it uses high-end parts, if that's what's called for.

Power Buy has a repair shop in Bangkok. I took my Onkyo to Pattaya Klang Power BUy from where they shipped it to BKK for repair.

You model has Neo 6 and Prologic IIx options which are excellent to play movie files with AAC audio so it is worth repairing.  Most new models have THX cinema, not as good playing AAC files.

They are a few youtube videos posted buy repair shops for example:

0801912795, Pranchinburi

Edited by Thailand J
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

I guess you are not in Bangkok, but you could try Fortune Town?

Or someone there might know a company that does.

There is a big shop in Fortune 4th floor where they repair things like that. It is in the middle of the floor and impossible to miss. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the shop.

In Fortune are also smaller audio shops. I am sure some of them can repair this or recommend someone who can. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Thailand J said:

play movie files with AAC audio

Depending from which source you play your movies, ie VHS, BetaMax, streaming or from a file on your PC, then VLC player will decode AAC audio, and most other codecs.