Tourist Visa, proof of payment for accommodation

Hi, i'm a Brit and will be applying for a Tourist Visa at the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur next month. The application form and requirements look pretty straight forward all except the requirement...

Proof of payment for accommodation for the whole period of stay in Thailand (the receipt must state the tax payer number of the relevant hotel/accomodation  (as stated on the embassy website)

This doesn't leave much room for flexibility Is a booking okay? Not sure that will provide the tax payer number though. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What if you own your own Condo?

In such case, I would upload a note stating this fact, plus a copy of the yellow house registration book which lists me as residing there.

Its not just KL, its the same requirement in Australia. I contacted the Embassy in Canberra about the same thing. My Wife and I own our own home here, but that doesnt meet the requirement. In the end we got a 60 day visa  (only needed proof of place to stay) and did an extension of 30 days..

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, SteezyP said:

I can help, Brit here who applied in KL last September. I just provided an Airbnb booking receipt and got my visa next day. 

I believe he doesn't want to be tied down to having to book a place ahead of time.  I don't blame him, free to travel around and not locked into staying in a particular place.

Stupid rules by a stupid government.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

KL and Singapore became so onerous years ago for Non O and tourist Visas that many people quit applying for them there.  They made up silly requirements in an attempt to reduce the number of people applying.  (because of my work, I use to use tourist visas, but that was a long time ago. Still the the avoidance by many of Singapore and KL still stands).  Good luck. If you're planning to travel around, I don't know how you satisfy this requirement other than prepaying your first 40+ days and pay the accommodation with Agoda, Tripadvisor, Booking or Expedia.  (That should qualify you for the 60 day tourist visa without complaint at the Embassy)

• Thumbs Up 1