Hungarian Man Facing Legal Action After Touching Pipefish While Diving at Pha Ngan Island

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Tourist or expat, this Hungarian I'm sure didn't know that touching a pipefish was illegal.

send him to the front line ... he can dream all the pipefish he wants there   !!

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Tourist or expat, this Hungarian I'm sure didn't know that touching a pipefish was illegal.

Yes, folk snorkel/dive to mingle with the undersea wildlife, a reason why we learn about the creatures there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, folk snorkel/dive to mingle with the undersea wildlife, a reason why we learn about the creatures there.

you can mingle all you like ... just don't try to be a Jacques Cousteau and paste it all over social media

2 minutes ago, transam said:

How do you think people start out in their quest for knowledge, how do you think Cousteau started out, do you think a fish swing through your hand was never done, do you think this blokes fish perished or was damaged in any way, I don't think so................... :whistling:

I think you misunderstood what I meant .....  in my opinion,   touch, kiss, handle,  rub...  any thing you like under the water while diving ....  just don't put it on social media .....       we don't know all the silly rules in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant .....  in my opinion,   touch, kiss, handle,  rub...  any thing you like under the water while diving ....  just don't put it on social media .....       we don't know all the silly rules in Thailand.

But folk learn from the media, I watch YouTube near every night on different subjects....:cowboy:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

But folk learn from the media, I watch YouTube near every night on different subjects....:cowboy:

i understand ...  i don't like social media and it 's simply because of this reason ....  but i can see where your coming from..  

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

....for touching a fish????

yeah, the world is hard to understand sometimes, isn't it? Ever hear the phrase protected/endangered species? Look it up and you'll find explanations why no one is allowed to approach or interact with them. Might be over your head, though. Like climate change. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

with many Thai nationals outraged.

[/quote]

Oh please, were many Thai nationals really outraged? This seems to be a stock phrase often used in news reports about events in Thailand.  I assume that it's The Pattaya News that is the guilty party.  Quite frankly, I expect most Thai nationals couldn't give a fig.....

Nobody even knows about it in my province 

• Thanks 1