Can the middle name be omitted on Thai passports?

Meredy

Hello,

We will soon apply for a (non thai) passport for my dual citizenship kid, and they will asl me if we want the middle name mentioned in the passport or not.

I think it is important to have the same name in all passports, thus if the they passport will.have the middle name, the second passport should also have the full name.

does anyone know if this can be chosen for thai passport too?

Didn't think there was an option to not show your middle name in the passport from your home country, as it should align with your birth certificate.

As for Thailand I believe the name will appear in the passport as it is in the House book/Thai ID card/ Birth Certificate.

Your right both passports should be the same name, if they aren't it could potentially be big trouble with airlines.

• Like 2

Keep all IDs the same.  I had an issue changing my last name, Simply because one paperwork, separated my first name, from LA to a first & middle name, L A.  Yea, that silly.

Now have to go to embassy to get notarization, stating that both names are 'me', then get that translated,  Then get new name change form, in Udon Thani, then back to PKK to change name.

More than few thousand baht more, with a couple road trips, instead of <100 name change few.

Edited by KhunLA

Just applied for passports for my 2 kidz last week. They both have middle name on their Thai ID. I asked the same question at the Thai passport office. Their answer was…The authorities follow the names on the Thai ID, which is leading they explained to me.

Edited by Real Thai
Unclear explanation

3 hours ago, Real Thai said:

Just applied for passports for my 2 kidz last week. They both have middle name on their Thai ID. I asked the same question at the Thai passport office. Their answer was…The authorities follow the names on the Thai ID, which is leading they explained to me.

thank you, we applied today for the passport and it will have all names. as expected i was asked, and subsequently warned to always include the full name as in the passport on flight bookings (no news to me here)