Thai woman murdered in Chiang Mai condo, farang husband missing

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo via Chiang Mai News

by leah

Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a Thai woman was discovered in a rented room at a famous condo in Chiang Mai province, northern Thailand, this morning. The deceased’s “farang husband,” who also lives in the room, is nowhere to be found.

At approximately 10:45am, officers at Mae Ping Police Station were informed that a woman was murdered at a “famous condo” on Chiang Mai’s Super Highway (Highway 11) in Tha Sala subdistrict, Mueang district, reports local media page Chiang Mai News.

Police travelled to the condo where they found the body of a Thai woman lying on the floor tucked behind the curtain in a pool of blood. The bed was covered in blood and there was evidence of a struggle, the police said.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/thai-woman-murdered-in-chiang-mai-condo-farang-husband-missing

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 5

19 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

With CNX just down the road, he could be long gone.

A quick investigation into passenger lists at the airport might give a clue if he used a flight out of town, otherwise on other transportation he could be anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

At approximately 10:45am, officers at Mae Ping Police Station were informed that a woman was murdered at a “famous condo” on Chiang Mai’s Super Highway (Highway 11) in Tha Sala subdistrict, Mueang district, reports local media page Chiang Mai News.

The  police are fortunate to have a local expert contact them and be told the death was murder. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A quick investigation into passenger lists at the airport might give a clue if he used a flight out of town, otherwise on other transportation he could be anywhere.

Agreed, easily tracked if he's jetted off (but not necessarily traced - for now, anyway) but putting myself in the shoes of a murderer, I'd head for the airport and get out of the country.

I'm not assuming the husband is the killer, but he's obviously #1 suspect.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Entered the monkhood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Police say woman found dead in Chiang Mai condo wasn’t murdered

12-ฆ่า3.jpg

Pol. Lt. Col. Phirom Yosalai | Photo via KhaoSod

Despite police saying that they assumed the woman found dead in a condo room in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand, this morning was murdered by her foreign husband, they are now saying she was not murdered at all.

Pol. Lt. Col. Phirom Yosalai, an inspector at Mae Ping Police Station, said the woman is expected to have died from an underlying condition because the “blood” stains on the bed reported by police turned out to be feces.

The “signs of struggle” that police found likely arose from the woman attempting to crawl to the bathroom before she died, added Pol. Lt. Col. Phirom.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/chiang-mai/police-say-woman-found-dead-in-chiang-mai-condo-wasnt-murdered

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

From the new article

"The woman’s Australian husband is currently working in Laos, said the police officer. This was not a murder, he confirmed." 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

I deign to argue, but sounds like murder to me.

I doubt that any will waste their time arguing with you.......it is only my prejudice against the use of sad/confused emojis that led me to waste mine replying textually.......????

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

I doubt that any will waste their time arguing with you.......it is only my prejudice against the use of sad/confused emojis that led me to waste mine replying textually.......????

I didn't use any emojis, unless I'm missing something. 

The first pic with the "blood stains" that appear now to have turned into feces are up at the pillow end of the bed beside her cell phone. Did she $hit from her mouth? feces and blood look and smell nothing alike so kinds strange the confusion. Something seems off with this whole story. Good that the husband is accounted for and I feel sorry for his lose but I will not be surprised to find another suspect was involved, maybe her brother or cousin who came to stay while looking for a job. Im sure they have CCTV at the "famous" condo that can be reviewed.

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

The first pic with the "blood stains" that appear now to have turned into feces are up at the pillow end of the bed beside her cell phone. Did she $hit from her mouth? feces and blood look and smell nothing alike so kinds strange the confusion. Something seems off with this whole story. Good that the husband is accounted for and I feel sorry for his lose but I will not be surprised to find another suspect was involved, maybe her brother or cousin who came to stay while looking for a job. Im sure they have CCTV at the "famous" condo that can be reviewed.

Is the condo called "sh7t the bed"

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

There are many ways to leave Chiang Mai and the country including land borders.