Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Bravecto shortage

Vet-Pet Club. Well as I’m producing a lot of interest in this thread I’ll carry on. 

I have ordered 1 Box of Bravecto Spot-On from their website as a test. 

It’s all in Thai but just screen shot the page and google translate it and it’s perfectly navigable.

Need to sign up to the operator of the website first. lbw.me ( that’s an L)

Select your order and they wait for payment into their KrungSi Bank account. You have until some time the next day to pay the money and upload a receipt to the website on the final ordering page. They immediately contacted me via email and then by line, I had friended earlier. I actually made a mistake with the address which they queried and I corrected it. 

The order is due any day via Kerry. 

I cannot understand why another supplier I know who sells from Line is saying Bravecto is no longer being produced. 

watch this space. 

• 2 months later...

I use this place for Bravecto, that always seem to have stock. Been using them a year now and placed 4 orders.

https://www.d2petshop.com

My dog is 23kg and I always buy the 10-20kg. In 4 years I have given her Bravecto, I have only seen one (dead) tick on her since (I'm using the chewables).

For Heartworm I use Heartguard PLUS (monthly) and she gets a Praferan Anthelminths every 3 months.

I could move her over to Nexgard Spectra to combine flea, tick and heartworm but I'm loathe to change something that works for her without any side affects. We give her best friend the street dog here Nexgard Spectra as when we had him tested it was the only solution at the vets. But I now buy it much cheaper from the place above. Again, Nexgard works for him, so he can stay on that. We use a cheap spot-on for all the other dogs she comes into contact with.

Our dog was 3 years old when we met her (the people on our Soi had a video of her as a pup which was time stamped). My friends Thai wife was on a visit from Bangkok and she sat with me one night and we picked over 100 ticks off her. The next day, me and my wife took her for blood tests, turned out she had heartworm, blood parasite, diabetes, anaemic, her liver and kidneys were also a problem. She also had cataracts. We got all the above problems sorted over about 3 years apart from the cataracts which were getting worse. She was on a special diet, all cooked by myself. Once she was 100% with all her blood works, we spoke to the eye surgeon at Thong Lor who sent us to see his colleague in Phuket for tests (we are in Nakhon SI Thammarat). They give the surgeon the all clear and we drove to Bangkok for further tests a couple of weeks later. We arrived at 11am in Bangkok, she was undergoing tests by 12 and despite the surgeon warning he only ever does 1 eye at a time, he said because she was stage 4 and 5 cataracts, he would try to do them together if he had time. She went under at 4pm and we got a call at 7pm to say everything had gone well with both eyes and we could see her tomorrow afternoon in ICU.

Glad to say, 12 months on and it's like having a new dog. She's seven now but her discovering how to be a young dog again is fun watching.

I read all the scare stories about Bravecto etc and I admit I was worried but without that, I think she may be dead now.

Edited by kebabby
  • Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 4:46 AM, kebabby said:

I use this place for Bravecto, that always seem to have stock. Been using them a year now and placed 4 orders.

https://www.d2petshop.com

My dog is 23kg and I always buy the 10-20kg. In 4 years I have given her Bravecto, I have only seen one (dead) tick on her since (I'm using the chewables).

For Heartworm I use Heartguard PLUS (monthly) and she gets a Praferan Anthelminths every 3 months.

I could move her over to Nexgard Spectra to combine flea, tick and heartworm but I'm loathe to change something that works for her without any side affects. We give her best friend the street dog here Nexgard Spectra as when we had him tested it was the only solution at the vets. But I now buy it much cheaper from the place above. Again, Nexgard works for him, so he can stay on that. We use a cheap spot-on for all the other dogs she comes into contact with.

Our dog was 3 years old when we met her (the people on our Soi had a video of her as a pup which was time stamped). My friends Thai wife was on a visit from Bangkok and she sat with me one night and we picked over 100 ticks off her. The next day, me and my wife took her for blood tests, turned out she had heartworm, blood parasite, diabetes, anaemic, her liver and kidneys were also a problem. She also had cataracts. We got all the above problems sorted over about 3 years apart from the cataracts which were getting worse. She was on a special diet, all cooked by myself. Once she was 100% with all her blood works, we spoke to the eye surgeon at Thong Lor who sent us to see his colleague in Phuket for tests (we are in Nakhon SI Thammarat). They give the surgeon the all clear and we drove to Bangkok for further tests a couple of weeks later. We arrived at 11am in Bangkok, she was undergoing tests by 12 and despite the surgeon warning he only ever does 1 eye at a time, he said because she was stage 4 and 5 cataracts, he would try to do them together if he had time. She went under at 4pm and we got a call at 7pm to say everything had gone well with both eyes and we could see her tomorrow afternoon in ICU.

Glad to say, 12 months on and it's like having a new dog. She's seven now but her discovering how to be a young dog again is fun watching.

I read all the scare stories about Bravecto etc and I admit I was worried but without that, I think she may be dead now.

I just picked your reply up. I’ve been doing 15 hour days for months back in the UK so i can continue to buy Bravecto! 

The dog looks great post surgery and getting to 7 is an achievement. I’ve slept on Heartworm what is the prevention other than swapping from Bravecto to NexGuard? I Ivermectin a preventative measure or treatment once contracted? 

I came across a couple of dogs when I popped into our vets. The lady said she found them with someone in her village and rescued them away from the current keepers. They were more dehydrated than sick I think