Remote Access

lelapin

34 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Teamviewer employees, past and present, could access it.

Seeing that Manchester United are sponsored by Teamviewer, could fans of that team also access a subscriber's details?  555

And can employees, past & present of say Microsoft, access all my hotmail & outlook emails?

Nice to see that you are living up to your signature! 555

Edited by KannikaP

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

And can employees, past & present of say Microsoft, access all my hotmail & outlook emails?

not sure if trolling or just stupid.

4 hours ago, lelapin said:

How and if so why would anyone use it if there is no security.

If you want to use their software you have to trust them, if you do not trust them then do not use their software. By running Teamviewer or analogs such as Anydesk you are basically allowing full access to your computer and all data to the unknown third parties. What could ever go wrong?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, fdsa said:

not sure if trolling or just stupid.

If you want to use their software you have to trust them, if you do not trust them then do not use their software. By running Teamviewer or analogs such as Anydesk you are basically allowing full access to your computer and all data to the unknown third parties. What could ever go wrong?

Sorry, it was my sarcasm coming out in reply to YOUR stupid remark about Teamviewer employees being able to access a customer's details. Access is only allowed to the user's contact to whom he gives a number and password. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anydesk is the favourite for Indian Scammers.

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, it was my sarcasm coming out in reply to YOUR stupid remark about Teamviewer employees being able to access a customer's details. Access is only allowed to the user's contact to whom he gives a number and password. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anydesk is the favourite for Indian Scammers.

fdsa's remark was not stupid.

teamviewer has access to the computer via the software, and no, they don't need the number and password to access it.

other people need the number and password to be allowed to use teamviewer's access to the computer.

and yes, some people at microsoft have access to your hotmail, outlook and whatever accounts and to all the data that is kept online with their company.

same thing for google.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

When TeamViewer is installed there is the option that it always runs in the background or is only used on demand.

If someone doesn't need it all the time then I would only install it for usage on demand.

If you want to use it, open it. Otherwise it's not active and no risk.

For Windows PCs I use the integrated Quick Assist. It works fine, is easy to use, and is part of Windows. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

fdsa's remark was not stupid.

teamviewer has access to the computer via the software, and no, they don't need the number and password to access it.

other people need the number and password to be allowed to use teamviewer's access to the computer.

OK, I shall stop using Teamviewer immediately and use Integrated Quick Assist as suggested above..

Edited by KannikaP

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

When TeamViewer is installed there is the option that it always runs in the background or is only used on demand.

If someone doesn't need it all the time then I would only install it for usage on demand.

For Windows PCs I use the integrated Quick Assist. It works fine, is easy to use, and is part of Windows. 

that is correct as well.

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

OK, I shall stop using Teamviewer immediately and use Integrated Quick Assist as suggested above..

Quick Assistant works great, is integrated in Windows, and it's free.

Personally I prefer it.

Previously I used TeamViewer for years without problem - except the limitations if you don't buy a license. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Quick Assistant works great, is integrated in Windows, and it's free.

Personally I prefer it.

Previously I used TeamViewer for years without problem - except the limitations if you don't buy a license. 

Many thanks for this. Just installed it and connected with my son in Dubai. Works perfectly.

Bye bye Teamviewer, not JUST because they sponsor the wrong Mcr team!  555

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

image.png.260ddc919f986b59b35a3924b3d462b2.png

If I leave it set like this does it mean that a scammer couldn't access it until I activate it.

If I switch to Quick Assist am I able to access a laptop using a different version of Windows to me?

20 minutes ago, lelapin said:

image.png.260ddc919f986b59b35a3924b3d462b2.png

If I leave it set like this does it mean that a scammer couldn't access it until I activate it.

If I switch to Quick Assist am I able to access a laptop using a different version of Windows to me?

yes

yes, I know Quick Assist works within Windows 10 and 11. I never tried it with any other version.

• Like 1