WISE Card in Thailand?

You are Thai, so you should have no problems I would have thought. 

But.. its not as easy for a lot of people, many of whom are forced to leave a deposit.

I am an ‘extra card holder’ on my Wife's accounts and have 3 cards through her which is an extremely convenient work-around. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Has anyone managed to get a debit card or credit card in Thailand? 

That's a difficult question as not sure what you're trying to achieve.

WISE most certainly don't issue debit/credit cards in LoS. But you can bring your WISE issued cards with you!

25 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

That's a difficult question as not sure what you're trying to achieve.

WISE most certainly don't issue debit/credit cards in LoS. But you can bring your WISE issued cards with you!

I already have cards from Thai banks but the more the merrier as there are some places I can't use my crypto.com card or Thai bank cards, Pokerstars for example. 

A WISE card would save transfer costs, wouldn't it?

I get paid into my WISE account now, as had to be a EURO account. 

Edited by Neeranam

Just now, Neeranam said:

I already have cards from Thai banks but the more the merrier as there are some places I can't use my crypto.com card, Pokerstars for example. 

A WISE card would save transfer costs, wouldn't it?

I get paid into my WISE account now, as had to be a EURO account. 

What I'm trying to understanding is whether you're expecting to be issued a debit/credit card 'issued in LoS' by WISE. 

And what difference would it make it your situation.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are Thai, so you should have no problems I would have thought. 

But.. its not as easy for a lot of people, many of whom are forced to leave a deposit.

I am an ‘extra card holder’ on my Wife's accounts and have 3 cards through her which is an extremely convenient work-around. 

Thanks, is your wife Thai? Did she get it here?

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

What I'm trying to understanding is whether you're expecting to be issued a debit/credit card 'issued in LoS' by WISE. 

And what difference would it make it your situation.

I was just wondering if I could get it here. 

I could order it to my mother's house in the UK and get it sent over. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If the account is not a Thai account then you can get a debit card from Wise and even have it shipped to your Thai address. So if you have a UK address then open an account on Wise using that. But if the account is set as a Thai account they wont issue a card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Okay, now I understand.

I would direct the card to your mum and have it sent over as I very much doubt WISE would post to LoS. Notwithstanding, a foreign address merely adds unforeseen obstacles so best not bother. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

Okay, now I understand.

I would direct the card to your mum and have it sent over as I very much doubt WISE would post to LoS. Notwithstanding, a foreign address merely adds unforeseen obstacles so best not bother. 

Wise does post cards to Thailand. Opening a Wise account with e.g. his UK address having other side effects is something only the OP can consider if it's sensible for him or not.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

Wise does post cards to Thailand. Opening a Wise account with e.g. his UK address having other side effects is something only the OP can consider if it's sensible for him or not.

Fair enough. But given the OP has the facility to redirect via family, then that's my safest bet. It keeps things simple.  

• Like 1

When I was in the UK a few months ago, I ordered a Wise debit card for my bank account, having changed the registered address on my Wise account to my new UK address.

Wise promptly sent out an UNLOCKED card which was physically stolen before it reached me and 100 quid of Grab food charged to the card...

Stunned, I contacted Wise who were very apologetic, refunded the 100 quid to my account, and then sent out a new UNLOCKED card yet again.  Yet again, that card never got to me, being stolen on the way.  Luckily, I had frozen the card so that no charges could be made to my account.  The bank records show that the thief tried on a number of occasions to charge Grab food to my card.  

Trust me, you don't want a Wise debit card when their lack of security concerns is as bad as this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1