Will Be Abroad For 90 Day Reporting Date

I recently renewed my non-immigrant O/wife visa and my first 90day reporting date falls on Sept 27. As I will be out of the country during that time does anyone know what I'm supposed to do? I know that I need an exit stamp (not sure if this is the correct term) to leave the country so is it simply a case of informing them at the time this gets issued and all is sweet?

On the subject of exit stamps when is the appropriate time to go in to get that issued? A few days before departure or a few weeks?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Re-entry permit can be obtained at any time prior to clearing immigration to exit Thailand. The sooner the better as if you wait (especially for issue at airport) you could be too pressed for time and would either have to miss flight or travel without re-entry permit and lose your extension of stay.

You only report when here for 90 days or more. As you will leave before that happens your new 90 day count will start the day you return. So 90 days after that you make a new report (if you don't travel again).

Re-entry permit can be obtained at any time prior to clearing immigration to exit Thailand. The sooner the better as if you wait (especially for issue at airport) you could be too pressed for time and would either have to miss flight or travel without re-entry permit and lose your extension of stay.

You only report when here for 90 days or more. As you will leave before that happens your new 90 day count will start the day you return. So 90 days after that you make a new report (if you don't travel again).

Thanks Lopburi3. It's comforting to know that it's a straight forward and simple affair - a rarity thesedays it seems...

I have somehow similar question.. what if my scheduled 90 day reporting is a day or two before my business trip abroad, do I still have to do it?

Appreciate helpful replies. :o

Maybe not - however they are going to have to check dates closely when you make the next report and will see that you did not leave until after your reporting date and could say you failed to report. Although you are normally allowed up to seven days to report do not believe they will allow that period for a non report. I would be safe and report up to a week early rather than risk it.

Maybe not - however they are going to have to check dates closely when you make the next report and will see that you did not leave until after your reporting date and could say you failed to report. Although you are normally allowed up to seven days to report do not believe they will allow that period for a non report. I would be safe and report up to a week early rather than risk it.

Thanks lopburi! :o

I will prolly pay a vist to suan plu immigration to be safe and get my re-entry permit as well...

cheers. :D

You can make your 90-Day-Report within a period of 7 days before or 7 days after the report date stamped on the slip in your passport, but as earlier stated missing the report date and leave the country 2 days later could be consider as failing to report by the immigration. For this, better be on the safe side and make the trip to the immigraton and make your report.