Life certificate

essexman

Okay

All done and dusted.  Took the form to my local clinic in Jomtien, Dr Chanya and she charged me 300 baht to sign and stamp the form.  From there I went to the Post Office and sent the form using the registered mail option.  250 baht.

So total cost 550 baht.

Took photos of the completed from and Post office receipt just in case.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, blackshadow said:

COULD YOU post the e mail address for the international pension office please....THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Your standard answer would normally be to refer posters to google, or berate them for being lazy/stupid.

Shoe is now on the other foot now, hope you get the information you are looking for and be less hostile in future.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:50 AM, kidneyw said:

Just received mine yesterday. It was mailed 8th.January 2023.

As you have sixteen weeks to get it endorsed and returned, I guess I am out of luck.

Will find out tomorrow when my pension payment is due in my bank.

I don't know if it's the DWP's mail room that's a mess, or Royal Mail and its wretched strikes and dismal service, but I'm having a similar experience. I made the state pension claim by phone back in early March, 3 1/2 months before my 66th birthday. The lady I spoke to said at the end of the process that all was fine and they'd send me a letter confirming all the details. Now almost 2 1/2 months later I still haven't received anything. It's a bad joke.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:01 PM, essexman said:

Once you start claiming your UK state pension it's a form they send out that you have to fill in and send it back to the UK.  It's to prove you are still alive.  What I'm seeing is no one is sure if they will get the form or not.  

Long time ago I received one, but not from DWP (not old enough) from one of my 2 private pensions, the Bangkok Bank branch manager signed and stamped it, since then nothing.

The official line on who gets is "on a random basis names are drawn randomly".  

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 4:02 PM, PPGuy said:

I had my UK state pension stopped last week. Contacted the pension office and they confirmed it was due to non return of the POL certificate, which I never received. I did ask why these forms could not be sent by email, for those wishing that service. Response was a weak, 'well not all pensioners are up to speed on using email.' 

However, they did email me with a copy of the certificate which needs to be completed and returned to them before I can have my pension restarted.

On topic:

I am arranging the signature via Euro-Thai Law office, opposite side entrance to Big C on South Pattaya Road, near to the Key Visa office. Have used them previously as they have a Notary on staff and the cost is Bt500.

As others have stated, copy of passport not required to be sent to UK, only completed form.

i received one in February. I'd only been claiming my pension for 18 months! It took six weeks to get to my home here, whereas the longest any other item of post had taken was 27 days, in over 20 years of living here. Seems to me they are sitting on these things, trying to make it difficult for people to complete them. I got the Manager at my local Bangkok Bank to sign it, and stamp with the company stamp. Free of charge too!

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, transam said:

You do not need a stamp, do you think a retired UK judge has a rubber stamp in his pocket....55555

He may have one in his desk drawer or under his wig.!

Edited by jacko45k

Went to a Vets to get mine done yesterday. I told them I needed a signature and stamp to prove I am still alive. She said, "Do you know this is a vets?"

I said "Yes, this is perfect."

Had a great ten minutes chatting and it was free.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Went to a Vets to get mine done yesterday. I told them I needed a signature and stamp to prove I am still alive. She said, "Do you know this is a vets?"

I said "Yes, this is perfect."

Had a great ten minutes chatting and it was free.

Love it! I'll bet you told them you have more confidence in a vet certifying you remain alive than a doctor. After all, they must be more capable because different animals 'work' in different ways! 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2023 at 8:50 AM, kidneyw said:

Just received mine yesterday. It was mailed 8th.January 2023.

As you have sixteen weeks to get it endorsed and returned, I guess I am out of luck.

Will find out tomorrow when my pension payment is due in my bank.

Haven't received anything from the DWP but they stopped payments on the 16 May. Have done this twice before and used the living law centre jomtien who are notaries. Normally 1 mth from UK and 1 mth back so no chance of 16 day response

Been emailing and ringing DWP everyday. Phone busy and no response to email!

Does anyone have a blank copy of the DWP form?

On 5/17/2023 at 6:05 AM, essexman said:

Thanks for the answers, I will get it witnessed by my local lawyer.  I was told that it can be witnessed at the immigration office.  On a side note, can I ask the safest way to send the form back to the UK?  I've heard registered post is very expensive, so I may go the EMS route.

I last returned mine using Thai track and trace which worked up until a UK Post Office collection box 

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Haven't received anything from the DWP but they stopped payments on the 16 May. Have done this twice before and used the living law centre jomtien who are notaries. Normally 1 mth from UK and 1 mth back so no chance of 16 day response

Been emailing and ringing DWP everyday. Phone busy and no response to email!

Does anyone have a blank copy of the DWP form?

IPC698.pdf

Here you go.

I have used the Thai Living Law office on Thappraya  Rd in Jomtien  for 1000bht

Having had my pension  stopped and getting  engaged  all the time on their phone I used the query form on the International Pension Centre website of the DWP and they kindly emailed a blank form.

I think they realise that all the industrial action in the UK is delaying post as I haven't changed my address for 10yrs and have done at least 3 POLs before

I use the post office and that has been adequate on three occasions .

Make sure they stamp and sign the document .

No charge and do not pay extra for tracking the mail as the receivers do not want to sign for the delivery .