Motorcycle Insurance

I am looking to insure a 350cc motorcycle

on Type 1 insurance cover.

Any suggestions for recommended insurance companies or brokers appreciated.

I am also interested to hear about any communication/claims experience and general reasons behind your recommendations etc.

Thanks

My CB300F was insured 1st class with Viriyah when I bought it, about 4,000 a year. They will only do 1st class for three or four years. I switched to some sort of 3rd party with them for 2 years for about 500 a year. Wasn't too happy with the coverage that provided so now have 2nd class with Roojai for about 2,000 a year. Never made a claim so can't comment on how they deal with them.

5 hours ago, F Groenen said:

I have been with AA Insurance 4 years. They provide insurance for foreigners (foreigner owned). www.aainsure.net

No hassle insurance. I have not had a claim so cannot comment on their response, but I have heard it is good.

Offices in Hua Hin, Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.

They are not an insurance company, they are just brokers, so they sell policies from other companies.

(Just for information, that's not meant as critic)

9 hours ago, Krabi King said:

Roojai.com has good options and English support.

I have my motorbike insured through them, but at least in my case they are just the broker, because my policy is by LMG, and when I did a claim I had to interact with the LMG representative, but everything went ok, no complaints, so would recommend them as well.

I think only cars are insured directly by them, but maybe others here can share their experience as well, have a look at the policy document which you got from them and let us know which company it actually is.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Thanks 1

My motorbike is also insured through Roojai, I needed to have held a licence for two years before they would insure it. My car is also insured through them and I paid almost as much for my motorbike as I do for my car but with much less coverage.

My friend recently insured his 350cc Royal Enfield with them and paid around 7,000 baht.

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

They are not an insurance company, they are just brokers....

I have my motorbike insured through them, but at least in my case they are just the broker, because my policy is by LMG...

Thanks FriendlyFarang. This is useful to know, thanks for sharing. I am going to ask the for insurers policy/product documents for review as part of the decision making process.

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

My motorbike is also insured through Roojai, I needed to have held a licence for two years before they would insure.....

Hi nahkit. Do you mean hold a Thai motorcycle license for two years? Do you hold an overseas motorcycle license did not qualify for the two year period?

19 hours ago, mayawame said:

Hi nahkit. Do you mean hold a Thai motorcycle license for two years? Do you hold an overseas motorcycle license did not qualify for the two year period?

Their online quote software asks how long you have held a valid licence. I take that to mean a Thai driving licence although I am sure that others on here will disagree. I do not hold an overseas motorcycle licence.

I just did a dummy run through the online quote process and they were willing to quote me around 6,500

for an RE 350 classic.

When I got my insurance a couple of years ago for an RE 650cc they would only give a quote if I'd held a licence for 2 years.

As Bob Dylan said, the times they are a-changing.

The simplest way find out if an overseas licence qualifies would be to ask Roojai themselves, they have an option for English and they will connect you with an operator fairly quickly or give you a call back.