Anyone have any experience with air fryers?

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

image.png.4d0882fc820c76c7bfb1fc6ddd26cfd4.png

So you don't need to space the food out let the air get around it? That looks like a big feed

May I ask what model that one is? Most I seen like a box shape

1 minute ago, DudleySquat said:

I burned out 2 Otto air fryers in 3 months. 

I have had one for 5 years, don't use it often but never let me down. Only about 800 baht from Big C, halogen elements. very very good but hate cleaning the glass etc

They don't have the capacity of those glass convection ovens although they do share the same technology. Air fryers do however cook really quickly so you wouldn't necessarily need to cook a big batch of chicken wings all at the same time. You could cook them in batches.

The one I have which I believe has a 5.5 litre capacity can accommodate a smallish whole chicken no problem.

I have a small Gaabor, use it for frying meat and fish portions. 50% less on electricity cost, very easy to clean.

I don't use it for frying carbohydrates such as potato chips, that generates acrylamide which is a human carcinogen.

1 hour ago, DudleySquat said:

I burned out 2 Otto air fryers in 3 months. 

Had the same experience with them - we paid less and got less.  Some are lucky but our luck has been about 50% with items of that name and at some point give up.  Been using Tefal for few years with no issue (although did like the removable basket of cheaper units).

long time looking for Microwave with crisp function same as we had in Europe with Whirpool brand.

found similar in Samsung microwave but not really working

then we discovered Air Fryer and we've really happy about it.

bought a TEFAL XXL last year (~4000b) can easily cook french fries, chicken wings, even lamb chops

On 5/23/2023 at 5:35 PM, Kenny202 said:

big batch of chicken wings

Family of four.  Better get two xtra Large Philips Air fryers.  I can usually get about 10-12 in a batch.  So tasty though!  Crispy and tender juicy on the inside!

Alternately I cook about 6 thighs or 3 big breasts in a batch.

It's great once you get the hang of it.

Cheaper on Lazada or Shopper than at the department stores.

I even got a cheap Otto for about 1000 baht but it sucked compared to our Philips Air fryers.  Ended up giving to friends daughter who's away at college. 

On 5/23/2023 at 6:23 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Air fryers do however cook really quickly so you wouldn't necessarily need to cook a big batch of chicken wings all at the same time.

I'm not sure about that.

I eat skinless chicken breast almost daily.

In my microwave it takes 4 minutes for a +200 gr breast, while in my 200 W digital air fryer it takes 10 minutes or more.

I know nothing is wrong with the airfryer, because 300 gr frozen French fries take 8 minutes.

5 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I'm not sure about that.

I eat skinless chicken breast almost daily.

In my microwave it takes 4 minutes for a +200 gr breast, while in my 200 W digital air fryer it takes 10 minutes or more.

I know nothing is wrong with the airfryer, because 300 gr frozen French fries take 8 minutes.

Most m8crowaves are 800w+ and up ! So you have 4 x the power heating from the inside out.

The Air fryer you quoted is 200w uses less power and therefore more economical but longer, mine takes 12 minutes for the breast. ????????

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Most m8crowaves are 800w+ and up ! So you have 4 x the power heating from the inside out.

The Air fryer you quoted is 200w uses less power and therefore more economical but longer, mine takes 12 minutes for the breast. ????????

My microwave is actually 900 watt, but I always thought that was not the real power usage.

Maybe I'm wrong

• 1 month later...