316 Grade SS Bolts and Nuts

carlyai

If you're anywhere near Buriram, there's a nut and bolt shop there that sells every conceivable nut and bolt in all sorts of materials.

The stainless range is only available in metric.

The place is an Aladins cave of difficult to find stuff.

PM me for directions

• Like 1

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.jmJWD

Could always try above shop on Lazada also.

But, as is often the case here in Thailand, ss grade is 304 so no good if you live near the coast.

I've often struggled to find 316, last time I got some in Singapore and brought them back.

They likely are for sale somewhere, I never found them in KK yet.

PR3.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, maxcorrigan said:

Good Luck, 316 SS is food quality

316 is also Marine Grade as it can go in the ocean and not have any corrosion.  Anyone looking for 316 hardware can find it at the boat shops around the marinas etc.  or on marine hardware websites.   Careful though,  they seem to mark up the price a lot.  

If you're worried about the bolts locking up (personally I've only had issues with using different metals,  like stainless bolts in aluminum threads) then you should use anti-seize or molybdenum grease.  This will last way way longer than oil.  You can also buy special non-conductive grease if different metals are used. 

58 minutes ago, action said:

316 is also Marine Grade as it can go in the ocean and not have any corrosion.  Anyone looking for 316 hardware can find it at the boat shops around the marinas etc.  or on marine hardware websites.   Careful though,  they seem to mark up the price a lot.  

If you're worried about the bolts locking up (personally I've only had issues with using different metals,  like stainless bolts in aluminum threads) then you should use anti-seize or molybdenum grease.  This will last way way longer than oil.  You can also buy special non-conductive grease if different metals are used. 

It's for a swimming pool ladder, but sourced already, thanks.

22 hours ago, action said:

Thanks interesting, in my working life for many years, i worked in fabrication, and repairing in the food manufacturing  industry, we would use 316 SS all the time (by law inspectors would check) and several times not often had nut and bolts lock up solid  i'm talking about when you first screw the nut on by hand maybe only a few threads in, it would lock up you then had to cut the bolt off and start again, and as luck would have it usually in the most awkward places to get to, as said not often but can happen!

• Thumbs Up 1