Construction of three suburban Bangkok electric train lines almost complete

snoop1130

1685003626443-768x605.jpg

The construction of three suburban electric train lines in and around Bangkok, the orange, yellow and pink lines, is over 90% complete and proceeding according to plan, with the pink line, between Khae Rai and Min Buri, ready for trial runs in January next year and full operation mid-year, Anucha Burapachaisri, the government spokesman said on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the civil work on the orange line, between the National Cultural Centre and Min Buri (Suwinthawong), is 99.85% complete. Overall work (civil and train system) on the yellow line, between Lat Phrao and Samrong, is 99.02% complete and the overall work on the pink line is 96.42% complete.

On the extension of the pink line, the civil work is 25.24% complete and train system is 10.84% complete, whereas the civil work on the purple, line between Taopoon and Ratburana, is 10.41% complete.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/construction-of-three-suburban-bangkok-electric-train-lines-almost-complete/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On the extension of the pink line, the civil work is 25.24% complete and train system is 10.84% complete, whereas the civil work on the purple, line between Taopoon and Ratburana, is 10.41% complete

Such exact figures, very impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Couple nights ago the electric box in our house when click, the lights all went out and the box would not work no matter what we tried resetting.

Thai electrician came out at 1am - spent an hour taking it off the wall, rewiring it and putting it back.

Paid the bill (300 baht - bargain), and he drove away.

10 minutes the box when click again, all the lights went out again.

Electrician back again, another 30 minutes and now it is fine - for now.

I have no faith in any Thai electricians or electric train - prove me wrong with this train please

39 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Couple nights ago the electric box in our house when click, the lights all went out and the box would not work no matter what we tried resetting.

Thai electrician came out at 1am - spent an hour taking it off the wall, rewiring it and putting it back.

Paid the bill (300 baht - bargain), and he drove away.

10 minutes the box when click again, all the lights went out again.

Electrician back again, another 30 minutes and now it is fine - for now.

I have no faith in any Thai electricians or electric train - prove me wrong with this train please

Where did you find an electrician at 1 AM and why? I would have wait till the morning.

2 hours ago, sharksy said:

Is there an app that directs you to the correct lines to your destination?  I used to have one years ago when there were fewer lines, but can't seem to locate one now

There are Bangkok Metro and BTS Skytrain apps. Probably a few others. I doubt they will show the new lines until they are up and running.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On the extension of the pink line, the civil work is 25.24% complete and train system is 10.84% complete, whereas the civil work on the purple, line between Taopoon and Ratburana, is 10.41% complete.

Bangkok's ever expanding monstrous concrete jungle!

10 Essential Bangkok Experiences

9 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

I live on the yellow line and I am looking forward to it opening. But I would much rather know when it's going to open than what percentage of it is complete.

You "should" be able to ride on June 3rd 2023. And, if you have a Rabbit card it will be free.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You "should" be able to ride on June 3rd 2023. And, if you have a Rabbit card it will be free.

Great news! I also live on it and looking forward to taking it to work and ditching the car (ride up to Samrong, change to BTS for three stops).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2023 at 5:08 PM, Goat said:

Awesome system with little or no graffitti like you get in the west. 

I might trade some graffiti (from Face?) for debt relief.

Fares need to rise, and/or the government needs to further subsidize operators.

Bangkok hopes new govt will help resolve BMA’s mountain of debt to BTSC

The debt has now grown to nearly 50 billion baht.

Deputy city governor Wisanu Subsompon told The Nation this week that the issue of the money the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) owes to Bangkok Transit System Corporation (BTSC) has not progressed much, as the city council has never discussed it at its meetings.

The BMA hired BTSC to run electric trains and install systems for the Green Line extension from Mo Chit to Khu Kho and from Bearing to Samut Prakan.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40027824