How do you have 40 days left on the stamp? Vista exempt stamps are only valid for 30 days.

[edit I just noticed you're from Brazil so perhaps you got a 90 day stamp?]

No you can't get a re-entry permit for a visa exempt entry as far as I'm aware. Can you not just get another visa exempt entry on your return from Japan?

Edited by JayClay

7 minutes ago, JayClay said:

edit I just noticed you're from Brazil so perhaps you got a 90 day stamp?]

Correct Brazil receive 90 days.

Agree with your point of why obtain reentry permit.

Just another visa exempt entry possible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct Brazil receive 90 days.

Agree with your point of why obtain reentry permit.

Just another visa exempt entry possible. 

In order to get a Japan visa, one of the requirements, if you are a Brazilian, living in Thailand, is that you possess a re- entry permit for Thailand.. Is it possible or not to get the re-entry permit? 

Thank you very much. 

6 minutes ago, Isac Szwarc Brasil said:

In order to get a Japan visa, one of the requirements, if you are a Brazilian, living in Thailand, is that you possess a re- entry permit for Thailand.. Is it possible or not to get the re-entry permit? 

Thank you very much. 

It has been my belief that any permission to stay can be protected with a re-entry permit. However, a couple of unreliable sources claim that a re-entry permit cannot be given for the permission to stay from a visa exempt entry or an entry with a visa on arrival. The official immigration sources are silent on this. I have tried to contact Immigration in writing to get an official word on the matter, but have received no reply.

I would suggest you visit your local immigration office in person, explain the situation, and see what they say. If you do, please report back on what they say about a re-entry permit from a visa exempt entry.

13 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It has been my belief that any permission to stay can be protected with a re-entry permit. However, a couple of unreliable sources claim that a re-entry permit cannot be given for the permission to stay from a visa exempt entry or an entry with a visa on arrival. The official immigration sources are silent on this. I have tried to contact Immigration in writing to get an official word on the matter, but have received no reply.

I would suggest you visit your local immigration office in person, explain the situation, and see what they say. If you do, please report back on what they say about a re-entry permit from a visa exempt entry.

Thank you very very much Sir, I will go immigration here in Chomburi and make a report. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

How do you have 40 days left on the stamp? Vista exempt stamps are only valid for 30 days.

[edit I just noticed you're from Brazil so perhaps you got a 90 day stamp?]

No you can't get a re-entry permit for a visa exempt entry as far as I'm aware. Can you not just get another visa exempt entry on your return from Japan?

Can not, sorry for me.