Immigration Visits On Weekends?

Has anyone had a home visit from immigration on weekends?

I had three officers come to my place Friday afternoon while I was elsewhere. The condo manager called me and said they wanted me to return immediately. I just wasn't in the mood for their nonsense, so I had her tell them I was half way to a city far away and couldn't get back for hours.

I'm sure they will come again and just want to know if I might expect another intrusion on a weekend or are they strictly a Monday through Friday nuisance?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, bogs smith said:

are you on a watchlist of some kind?

immigration dont usually show up to your place of residence unannounced....

I'm new to the neighborhood and they did NOT want to accept my change of residence. They insisted I live in Chonburi (which I DID but had just moved here to Chanthaburi). It was a most unpleasant experience to get my annual renewal for extension of stay and I suspect they are messing with me. So, you could say I am on their radar.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

They may come 24/7 but the preferred time for people like you is 3am.  The IOs go out drinking then make the rounds in the early am which is the most likely time to find people at home plus they are drunk enough to have some fun at it.

That's how I have found it works in neighboring countries, but I have never heard of such shenanigans in Thailand, but perhaps I have led a sheltered life.

Your experience in this situation is fairly normal depending on the visa category you are here on.

If you've been living in another province and doing 90 day reports there and C of R there and then move You could do your TM30 first and then your 90 day/c of r where you now live. I do tk ow if you did that or not. Your sudden new location is probably the reason for the "confusion" when you went in. 

The hone visit is normal (depending on visa category) for them. They should arrange the visit first but don't have to. If they dont prearrange the visit you do not have to stop what your doing and come immediately unless it's convenient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm new to the neighborhood and they did NOT want to accept my change of residence. They insisted I live in Chonburi (which I DID but had just moved here to Chanthaburi).

Did they refuse to update your TM-30?

Did you have rental contract and owners ID when you submitted the application?

• Like 2

I had a visit recently at 5 am on a Sunday morning but they only looked through my bedroom window on an extension ladder.

I live on the 5th floor and luckily i had just finished a session with my wife when the IO banged on the window and took a photo

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

IO stopped by my residence… they were down the street at an expat home and stopped by. I wasn’t home. They told father in law have me go to the police station in town the next.day. Went and they asked some questions and took photos. Nothing really … haven’t seen them since… that was probably 5 years ago. Live in a village in Isaan..

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

IO stopped by my residence… they were down the street at an expat home and stopped by. I wasn’t home. They told father in law have me go to the police station in town the next.day. Went and they asked some questions and took photos. Nothing really … haven’t seen them since… that was probably 5 years ago. Live in a village in Isaan..

I would not have went to the police station the next day, my attitude would have been that if they want to see me they know where I live.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I would not have went to the police station the next day, my attitude would have been that if they want to see me they know where I live.

Agree. 

Also bit of a joke as I was under impression that home visit was to see the married couple even to the point of sitting on bed together. 

Ridiculous. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Ha! Ha! the members of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade are increasing rapidly, this is so funny. :cheesy:

17 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Seriously - if you are confused, post a question to get "unconfused."

That is a good statement, but I want to point out that I will not use the sad emo simply because it can be both positive and negative, it all depends on which way each individual poster looks at it, so in my case if I do not agree with what a poster says I will just use the confused emo and use the smiling emo if am in agreement.