Where can one get an AstraZeneca jab in Bkk? Should I bother?

ubonr1971

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

AZ is not recommended anymore and I believe not even available in Australia anymore. Get the bivalent vaccination and stop listening to misinformation about mRNA vaccines.

I have heart disease and cant take the other brands. Looks like I will have to rely on the good old immune system. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

'Vaccine' is a misnomer is it....by this point blatantly clear....

'Short-term immune booster' is more a realistic term.....

...like orange juice. ????

I don't know what that means. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

I have heart disease and cant take the other brands. Looks like I will have to rely on the good old immune system. 

Thats why AZ is not allowed in many countries anymore due to higher risks of blood clots. Take m-rna bivalent

That's simply not true. There is no vaccine that is 100% effective in preventing the disease it inoculates against. 

Some of the vaccines against common childhood diseases are incredibly effective, at over 90% -  but many others are not.

Seasonal flu vaccines for instance, are only around 30% effective. Some of the newer malaria vaccines are about 50% effective.

A Three-Dose Malaria Vaccine Shows Safety, Efficacy

A vaccine is merely a medical product that elicits an immune response against a specific pathogen.

And, as mentioned above, how effective vaccines can be varies widely, with many of them less efficacious than the Covid vaccines. 

It doesn't mean they aren't vaccines.

Edited by Pink Mist
Quoted post removed
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, ubonr1971 said:

If you are dealing with a hospital here then I would talk to them and see what they recommend.

*/Quoted post removed/*

Are you sure there's thousands? According to the paper below from PubMed Central, between August 2020 and December 2022:

A total of 5 relevant case reports were identified [where] COVID-19 vaccination led to arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation within 14 days.

However, as that same paper also points out:

It is always of debate to consider such arrhythmia due to chance or vaccine induced. [...] there is no way to prove a direct association between vaccines and arrhythmias currently ...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9926928/

24 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Are you sure there's thousands? According to the paper below from PubMed Central, between August 2020 and December 2022:

However, as that same paper also points out:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9926928/

Quotes you provided are misleading. Did you read the conclusion?:

"We propose that mRNA vaccination is associated with cardiac endothelial inflammation, which may lead to arrhythmia, including AF."

1 hour ago, DudleySquat said:

Be specific. 

Makes no sense because you dont know the differences between B cells and T cells and how it is with vulnerable group of people. Here in Thailand die right now 45 people a week, makes one plane a month.

Read some study about the effects and probabilities for the i.e. heart deseases and m-rna protection.

1000 of studies worlwide.

18 hours ago, Man Mart said:

I couldn’t get any covid booster in neither the government hospital nor the private hospital in Surin last week as they both had none in stock!

Come to Bangkok:).