Mae Sai (Tachileik, Myanmar) single day border bounce?

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

500 baht or a pristine 10 dollar US bill gets you a 14 day entry permit and you can stamp in and right back out of you want to.

Is it compulsory for everyone, even those who don't need a Myanmar visa?

They don't harass frequent "border bouncers"?

16 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

This restriction is not for all nationalities

Technically, that is true. It is also true that some nationalities are not entitled to any border bounces at all if they do not have a multiple entry visa. My post was intended to provide a simple explanation that is accurate for 99% of the users of this forum.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

I have already done 3 land border entries in the current calendar year.

Was that with a visa or using visa exempt entries? If the latter, could you explain where you were able to do this, and whether there were any special circumstances involved.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:06 AM, toofarnorth said:

Last Weds. my wife ( Thai ) paid 30B to cross into Myanmar , came back with a 750ml bottle of Southern Comfort , cost 400 B.

Beware though, the bootleggers are in full swing at Tachilek again - the price of 400 B is appropriate though ???? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

Was that with a visa or using visa exempt entries? If the latter, could you explain where you were able to do this, and whether there were any special circumstances involved.

With visa exempt of course. Today I did my 4th land border entry in a calendar year (Satun). Before I had 3 in Nong Khai. I don't know whether it's my passport (Russian) that allows me to do that or the "2 land border entries" rule is not strictly enforced. Or maybe both are true?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

With visa exempt of course. Today I did my 4th land border entry in a calendar year (Satun). Before I had 3 in Nong Khai. I don't know whether it's my passport (Russian) that allows me to do that or the "2 land border entries" rule is not strictly enforced. Or maybe both are true?

It's strictly enforced for those it applies to. It doesn't apply to Russians though, due to a bilateral agreement between Russia and Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It's strictly enforced for those it applies to. It doesn't apply to Russians though, due to a bilateral agreement between Russia and Thailand. 

But it loosely applies even to the Russian passport holders. ???? Not every land border allows doing unlimited border runs.

On 5/28/2023 at 5:56 PM, JoseThailand said:

I have already done 3 land border entries in the current calendar year.

ahhh one of the pesky Russians, causing all the trouble here in Phuket>

Edited by zzzzz

Yes, I did this at the border crossing you mentioned in the title.  It was about six years ago so that maybe a bit dated now.  I was on a visa exempt at the time.  Spent about 30 minutes there and then came back to Thailand.  Paid my 500 baht and got another 30 days.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2023 at 12:11 PM, JoseThailand said:

YES it's your Russian passport which allows unlimited border bounces.