Thai man dies after hospital removes 12 teeth, family demands answers

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo by Khaosod.

A heartbroken Thai daughter has revealed details of her 64 year old father’s tragic death following the removal of 12 teeth. The removal led to uncontrolled bleeding at Singburi Hospital, Khaosod reported.

At Wat Sadao Temple in Bang Rachan district of Singburi province, where the body of Som Sak Khum Khrong was taken for his funeral, representatives from the Singburi Hospital presented a wreath and expressed condolences to the deceased’s family, but declined to provide information until further notice.

According to Chanthana Khum Khrong, the daughter of the late man, treating liver disease was the reason for her father’s visit to the hospital. The treatment started on May 12, and he was admitted until May 15 when the hospital informed them about her father’s infection which required antibiotics.

by Nattapong Westwood

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/man-dies-after-hospital-extracts-12-teeth-family-demands-answers

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst lacking details a little, I would have thought 'liver disease' is an indicator of alcoholism - alcoholism reduces the bodies ability to clot blood. Sounds like he bled to death due to the booze - that said the hospital should have checked the blood levels I would have thought

Might also be "fatty liver" via a rubbish diet.

Doesn't always mean alcohol damage.

Edited by hotchilli

11 minutes ago, Gorbelius said:
18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow.... accusations of alcoholism and a rubbish diet have already been levied....   incredible stuff !!!

And do YOU have something to say, or just complaining on other members??

Well there was still drug abuse to accuse the old fella of.....   I was leaving that droplet of wisdom for you to throw out there... y’know, with your obviously outstanding medical knowledge !!! 

Or.. as with many older people, perhaps he was on blood thinners and the hospital simply missed that when extracting so many teeth which led to his excessive bleeding.... Seems like he was choking on the gauze they’d shoved in his mouth. 

Edited by richard_smith237

Having 12 teeth taking out in one go seems excessive. Then there is the approximate 1/2 a gallon of blood pouring into his mouth without drowning and then no transfusion given (mentioned). The whole family have a right to be angry and asking questions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst lacking details a little, I would have thought 'liver disease' is an indicator of alcoholism - alcoholism reduces the bodies ability to clot blood. Sounds like he bled to death due to the booze - that said the hospital should have checked the blood levels I would have thought

Or perhaps he was using blood thinners and was not asked about them.

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow.... accusations of alcoholism and a rubbish diet have already been levied....   incredible stuff !!!

No different to your assumptions of RTA's amongst other topics really tho, is it Richard me old mucker.....