Bangkok bank transfer

I don't understand why Bangkok bank don't transfer money from overseas on a holiday surely it's done electronically and the amount of holidays it's frustrating when you are waiting on it

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually my western bank is the same process.

Similarly, outwith ATM withdrawals, no transactions are processed on my US and UK accounts when there's a local/national holiday. However, standing orders and direct debits will be processed early if their due date falls on a 'long weekend'.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

One reason may be The manual intervention for the "international" Wise transfers that settle 2pm

So if one does a Wise Transfer on the day before a Thail Bank holiday, marked as For Long Term Stay, Wise WILL send the money immediately, but Bkk Bank will delay it, as they always do, until 2pm on the next working day.

Or Wise may do, as they did with me on 1st may, direct it via Kasikorn Bank and it arrives immediately as 'transfer from another bank' 

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So if one does a Wise Transfer on the day before a Thail Bank holiday, marked as For Long Term Stay, Wise WILL send the money immediately, but Bkk Bank will delay it, as they always do, until 2pm on the next working day.

Or Wise may do, as they did with me on 1st may, direct it via Kasikorn Bank and it arrives immediately as 'transfer from another bank' 

If you select long term stay it shouldn't arrive instantly unless there's an error i guess, i did one recently selected general living expenses and still settled next day, with Kasikorn it's seconds

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

I'm so glad I changed banks from Bangkok to K-bank. My last wise transfer was in my K-bank and withdrawable within a couple of minutes. 

My last transfer to Bkk Bank took 9 seconds, via Kasikorn Bank, but, of course, did not show as an International Transfer if needed for Immigration.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you select long term stay it shouldn't arrive instantly unless there's an error i guess, i did one recently selected general living expenses and still settled next day, with Kasikorn it's seconds

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My last transfer to Bkk Bank took 9 seconds, via Kasikorn Bank, but, of course, did not show as an International Transfer if needed for Immigration.

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What reason for transfer did you select? and does that settle in seconds every time?

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What reason for transfer did you select? and does that settle in seconds every time?

Long Term Stay, as I have been doing for years. That reason, and buying property, SHOULD NOT settle in seconds and arrive at 14.03 the next day..

I suspect it was because 1st May was a Bank Holiday in both countries and Wise's computer just sent it the quickest, easiest way. I managed to, eventually after three visits, get a Credit Advice from Kasikorn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Long Term Stay, as I have been doing for years. That reason, and buying property, SHOULD NOT settle in seconds and arrive at 14.03 the next day..

I suspect it was because 1st May was a Bank Holiday in both countries and Wise's computer just sent it the quickest, easiest way. I managed to, eventually after three visits, get a Credit Advice from Kasikorn.

What a pain,with Kasikorn I receive my monthly credit advice via email.

No need to go anywhere near a bank

Edited by norbra

1 hour ago, norbra said:

What a pain,with Kasikorn I receive my monthly credit advice via email.

No need to go anywhere near a bank

Agreed, but it was only this time. I do not need Credit Advice if it goes as usual.directly to Bangkok Bank. I do not have a Kasikorn Account.