Blocking of BBC interview with Pita

2 hours ago, isaanistical said:

Agreed. But then Prayut would not start by talking about changes to what we can only refer to as 112, would he?

I just watched on BBC website; to outsiders, what Pita says is pretty innocuous, but also unequivocal and to those most likely to order a coup, it means something else altogether.

Do you have a link, I would be interested to see it. 

Can I offer a possible explanation .. Clearly there is not a conspiracy, as we can all watch the interview on BBC News App without a VPN.

However, certain broadcasts are only available to UK license payers, certain "live" or first broadcasts are not available to that region, and you get the grey screen.

Good replies to the Jonathan Heads questions.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will the old dinosaurs most over 55 years old let the younger politicians take control, I think a few of the aging politicians will have some skeletons in the cupboard, Pita better watch his back in more way than one.

if god forbid the army again decides to take over there will be ‘blood on the ‘streets.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:
3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Not blocked on the BBC site using 3BB Internet, I watched it earlier.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-65743967

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

That link worked for me too.

And not only do you get a 2 minute sound bite, you get the full interview in narrative form.

• Like 1

It is Thai democracy to block all kind of news that they don't like.. But he is right. Changes must be made to enter the 21st century and if the successor acted the same his father there would be less problems. But anoth 5 years to wait for equal marriage law for LGBTQ community is far too long as he promised it to be on the agenda in the first 100 days

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes indeed, I watched the video and read Jonathan Head's full BBC interview on Google from here in Cambodia. The decrepit elderly Thai establishment may block in the Land of Dinosaurs but not in the wideworld outside - stupid "old farts"!

On YouTube, by entering "pita limjaroenrat" you will find interviews in English with:

NHK World Japan, CNN, France 24 English, Bloomberg Quicktake, ABC Australia, The Star Malaysia to name a few!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Thanks so much. I'm not even gay and I'd marry this guy. He should be Ruler of the world actually. He seems genuine and I hope he stays that way. I think a lot of violent confrontation is coming. I'm heading out of Thailand soon and will return when success is duly awarded to this person 

34 minutes ago, brommers said:

True are toadies of the junta and are leading members of the elite. They should be high on Pita's list for breaking up if he is ever allowed into power.

They have been blocking out broadcasts they don't want people to see for years, yet Pita might get cancelled for having a few old media shares!

12 hours ago, brommers said:

True are toadies of the junta and are leading members of the elite. They should be high on Pita's list for breaking up if he is ever allowed into power.

True = CP family... friends all the way up the chain. Supporters of the old establishment.

• Like 1