Move Forward Commits to Marriage Equality Law

webfact

1 hour ago, flyingtlger said:

"Move Forward Commits to Marriage Equality Law" LMAO!

Equality?  Equality doesn't exit in Thailand.....

At the moment.. MFP have stated they will change things.

Still 5 years to go instead that they promised to arrange it in the first 100 days... Too long again for something that is already more than 10 years on the table... Delaying it with 5 years  shameful because how many commitees have been looking in it? Now start again from scratch?

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nahkit said:

If they want marriage equality perhaps they should start at the very top and give the spouse of a Thai woman the same rights as the spouse of a Thai man?

Precisely this. But if somebody asks them, I bet all you hear is spluttering and choking. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nahkit said:

If they want marriage equality perhaps they should start at the very top and give the spouse of a Thai woman the same rights as the spouse of a Thai man?

you do realise that would mean falang men married to thai women would get same rights falkang women married to thai men, right? meaning no 400 000 bht in the bank. anything else, i cannot think of

16 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

you do realise that would mean falang men married to thai women would get same rights falkang women married to thai men, right? meaning no 400 000 bht in the bank. anything else, i cannot think of

A foreign woman married to a Thai national can apply for Thai citizenship after one year of marriage which would allow them to work, stay indefinitely and own property and inherit any assets.

Something's fishy about this.

A goal of 2028?
They aren't even in power yet and they're talking so long term about what is going to happen in say 2027?

I wouldn't bet the house on this.

Promises are free.

If they're serious there is no reason they can't act on this quickly IF they do form a government.

Edited by Jingthing