Aliexpress much better than a few years ago

scubascuba3

I have used them quite extensively over last couple of years with few problems.  Most deliveries between 10 to 14 days upcountry.  There is no indication, unlike Lazada or Shopee as to from where in China its being sent from so time can vary.  Like any of these sites it is essential to always read the reviews of a shop/product before buying.

Customs clearance is handled on the way.  I have had to pay customs duty on only 2 out of 15 identical items over time, and that was when the orders final leg was by Thai post which was paid at local post office.

One trick to be wary of that caught me was because one time I didnt check reviews.   I ordered goods from a store that in hindsight they didnt have in stock and needed to be brought in.  The trick iis they order the carrier to pick up the non existing parcel which makes it a failed pick up on the logistics side.  Now you know there is a problem as time goes by because still not picked up, but you cant cancel the order and start the refund process until a certain time period has passed (2 weeks I think) .  In the meantime the store is hoping to get your order in and forward it before the time period ends thus leading to delays on your end.

Another problem I have had is with payments.  Sometimes you need to clear all cookies before making payment otherwise a failure due to some security reason.  Separate to that I have had problems with using a Thai SCB debit card whereas my Aussie debit card goes through every time.  With the SCB card very 2 or 3 orders (every 2 or 3 weeks) they want to verify my the card with statements, ID etc causing a delay of a day or 2.   This verification never happens with my Aussie card except when first using a new card replacing an expired one.

All in all I have no hesitation in using Aliexpress.

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Like 2

Bought (not big) from ali, never had problems.

Now i have a weird situation, as i asked something to a seller, I got reply.

However ali tells now, you MUST use the app to see the message back.

You get the message "unknown message, use the app to see message"

SO now the want to be in your phone to see what you are doing there.

I never use phone to order some, but they will check your browser history and share it with others.

They say there will be a possibility to not send information, but you know companies. Yes im aware on computer it will also do.

But it is annoying, you cant do anything in messaging on computer, you can send but answer to be red in app.

Of course reviews and numbers of clients are important to have an idea of the sellers. Ali is only a platform for sellers.

In trust pilot I see an increase of complaints the last months. Also from people long time ordering at ali.

• 2 months later...

i now know why AliExpress delivery can be good sometimes, Choose AliExpress standard delivery, that gets handed over to Flash on arrival and gets tracked to the door, pay extra though.

If you go with cheapest option you get Cainiao, package goes missing in Thailand, no tracking (probably Thailand Post), last purchase turned up ok just left at security...

• 8 months later...