787 Dreamliner

cdnvic

Boeing Co's 777 aircraft for which GE is the exclusive engine supplier

This is incorrect. There are many Boeing 777s that use Rolls Royce Trent 892 and 884 engines.

You are both half correct. GE is the exclusive suplier of engines for the (long range 777's) the boeing 777-300 ER and 777-200 LR only use GE 90 engines.

All other less powerfull 777 models use various engines.

Whilst we're on the subject of the Boeing 777, can anyone tell me why it is the only modern airliner that doesn't have winglets?

One of the videos on the Boeing website explained this although I wasn't paying attention through the reason(s).

I do look forward to seeing REAL pics from the cabin or a seat chart when they become available, since the 2 models they have now are filled down with water tanks to add weight for testing. I know the 787 economy comes with 8 across, most airliners have opted for an unusual 3-2-3 config over a more traditional 2-4-2. So it will be interesting to see and fly indeed (I'm not too keen on the whale jet :o )

In regards to the wings, I can't remember exactaly, but at the time the 777 was produced, they went with the design and wing shape that was more effiicent, that all there was to do with that. I also recall seeing the 777 having wings where the last 20 or so feet fold upwards 90 degrees to make manouvering in smaller airports more easy.

Nice!

1000000 times prettier than that whale called the A380, hope it flies as good as it looks :o

It is a nice plane indeed.

But, while at this time I prefer to fly on a 747, rather than an A340, I will probably prefer to fly the A380 in the future, rather than the 787... If that choice is available on the route, of course.

I think that both planes are marvelous.

And the A350 will certainly be too. It's just that they are all new...