Is this the biggest battery ever?

Not the biggest battery ever... :cool:

Gargantuan 1.4 GW / 2.8 GWh battery approved for NSW

The New England megaproject just became even more mega, and is now set to house a 1.4 GW / 2.8 GWh battery – taking the crown for Australia’s biggest battery.

Developer ACEN Australia says the NSW government has approved its expanded battery proposal, which is set to go in next door to its 720 MW New England Solar project.

Read the full story from PV Magazine here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

twice as much as you could buy the same battery after it had been shipped from Thailand to Australia!

I also thought about Redflow as a home ESS solution and contacted the Ausie firm for prices etc. This was before manufacturing in Thailand. 

They gave me the contact number etc of a company in Chiang Mai who offered a ridiculously high price.

Did I buy? Never in a million years.

10 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I also thought about Redflow as a home ESS solution and contacted the Ausie firm for prices etc. This was before manufacturing in Thailand. 

They gave me the contact number etc of a company in Chiang Mai who offered a ridiculously high price.

Did I buy? Never in a million years.

I think that they are manufactured in a free port designed for companies wanting to manufacture for export. Once the batteries enter Thailand they are treated as being imported and are subject to import duties!