Small office for rent in Bangkok?

It seems to be able to start a company with a work permit for a farang the company needs VAT registration and a proper address. Just an address without office (virtual office) seems to be not good enough (anymore).

I looked at some WWW property sites for homes and condominiums, but it seems they have very few office listings.

Is there any property search site specialized on (small) offices?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you own a condo? You can just register your company and VAT there.

Just for company registration any address is good, all you need is a rental contract, nobody will check if you are actually at this location.

If you also register the company for VAT (required for work permit), then your company needs to have an actual office there and a physical sign with the company name on it in case the revenue department should come to check it.

Most companies offering virtual offices also offer VAT compatible solutions, they just charge more.

Here one example, no personal experience, just from Google: https://www.glowfishvirtualoffices.com/packages

As you can see, without VAT 3k per month, with VAT 4k per month.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Don't you own a condo? You can just register your company and VAT there.

Just for company registration any address is good, all you need is a rental contract, nobody will check if you are actually at this location.

If you also register the company for VAT (required for work permit), then your company needs to have an actual office there and a physical sign with the company name on it in case the revenue department should come to check it.

Most companies offering virtual offices also offer VAT compatible solutions, they just charge more.

Here one example, no personal experience, just from Google: https://www.glowfishvirtualoffices.com/packages

As you can see, without VAT 3k per month, with VAT 4k per month.

As most condos are registered as residential properties you cannot just register a company there. Certain condos are registered as dual use and in this case it would be possible.

2 hours ago, msbkk said:

As most condos are registered as residential properties you cannot just register a company there. Certain condos are registered as dual use and in this case it would be possible.

It seems the big difference is the VAT registration.

I own a condominium in a building which is in part office and in part residential. I could register a company at my residential address. But I can't register (a company with) VAT at the residential address. I can only do that if I own or rent a place in the commercial part of the building.

If a farang wants a work permit, then he needs to work for a company with VAT registration and that means a commercial (VAT registration) address.