Thailand targets 3 trillion baht tourism revenue in 2023 with sustainability focus

snoop1130

350501492_1423960545031897_2746051457474415426_n.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is optimistic that the country’s tourism industry will achieve a revenue of 3 trillion baht in 2023, equal to the revenue generated in 2019. Tanes Petsuwan, TAT’s deputy governor for Asia and the South Pacific, revealed that the agency is developing new promotional strategies for the next fiscal year and anticipates finalising its proposal for the new government in the coming month.

The primary focus of these strategies is to promote high-value tourism, meaningful travel experiences, and sustainability. Tanes assured that the delay in forming a government would not impact the promotional plans for the fourth quarter, despite fiscal 2024 beginning in October. He explained that TAT had anticipated the delay and had already started promotional work using the current year’s budget.

Tanes stated…

“The TAT is targeting 3 trillion baht in revenue from the tourism industry next year, with 2 trillion from the international market and 1 trillion from the domestic market. We expect the number of flights to return to normal next year.”

By Alex Morgan

Caption: The TAT and Grab Thailand aimed to welcome more tourists to the programme, Image via Facebook, Amazing Thailand

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/business/thailand-targets-3-trillion-baht-tourism-revenue-in-2023-with-sustainability-focus

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

Dear Kingdom of Thailand, You still consider me a "tourist". OK, min. 65K baht transferred in from the USA each month for over 12 years thus far (actually $316,800.00+ USD). And for the last 7 years supporting my Thai Wife and Stepdaughter. So, how does that compute for your sustainability? No more than two traffic fines (minor) in all that time. How about recognition as a Foreign Long Term Resident without the need for 90 day Reports (report only when changing residents)? No need for other foreigners to point out that I am dreaming or that it will never happen, like I said I have been here over 12 years ... but a guy can still hope ...

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 1

Totally agree with Mr. West above.  Long term ex-pats will bring in many more $$$ than tourists.  Instead Immigration treat us like dirt.  Just got the hang of 90 day reporting on-line then they introduce another visit to check you still have 800K in the bank some months after you buy your retirement 'visa'.  Surely this can be checked the next time you renew your annual 'visa'.  No have; no get.

38 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Dear Kingdom of Thailand, You still consider me a "tourist". OK, min. 65K baht transferred in from the USA each month for over 12 years thus far (actually $316,800.00+ USD). And for the last 7 years supporting my Thai Wife and Stepdaughter. So, how does that compute for your sustainability? No more than two traffic fines (minor) in all that time. How about recognition as a Foreign Long Term Resident without the need for 90 day Reports (report only when changing residents)? No need for other foreigners to point out that I am dreaming or that it will never happen, like I said I have been here over 12 years ... but a guy can still hope ...

Working here since 20 years and every year the same theater at the immigration. Not only that it costs me money and time, it also costs Thailand

• Thumbs Up 1