Thai bank employee drinks 6 beers, shoots at Youtuber’s car in road rage incident

webfact

image.jpeg

A 51 year old Thai bank employee was arrested for allegedly shooting at a popular YouTuber’s car after consuming six cans of beer. Police apprehended the suspect at the junction of Chaturathit and Phra Ram 9 roads in Bangkok, seizing a 9mm pistol and nearly 30 rounds of ammunition.

Punnanikorn Pholmakrut, a 46 year old YouTuber behind the channel ‘Diew Pa Pa Pai,’ claimed that the incident occurred after he had parked his car to drop off a friend in front of the Lancaster Bangkok Hotel on Petchaburi Road. The suspect, driving a Ford Fiesta, honked at Punnanikorn, appearing displeased with the way he had pulled over.

Punnanikorn said that the suspect then followed him to the entrance of RCA Bangkok before firing a shot at his car, shattering the rear left window. 

by Nattapong Westwood

Top Photo by Khaosod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/bank-worker-drinks-6-beers-shoots-at-car-in-road-rage-incident

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

He was unhappy with Punnanikorn for stopping his car to drop off a friend and decided to chase him and fire his legally registered weapon.

Think this is the exact same reason why there is no point in having legalised gun register - even the idiots can have a legal gun

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The suspect, driving a Ford Fiesta, honked at Punnanikorn, appearing displeased with the way he had pulled over.

Absolute morons and ticking time bombs.

Could have happened to me.

Years ago overtook one of those annoying creepers in a "sporty" manner.

Wow got he excited, followed me up...

Creeping or speeding.

Few drivers in between.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

All very good replies above. I am afraid I would have to agree with all of them .

Who needs to carry a gun around , and if you have one , considerably for defence as some claim. Who needs 30 rounds? what are you going to be defending yourself against that you need 30 rounds?  

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wow!  Things that we would probably honk our horn at or glare a little as we drove round, these guys get a gun out and shoot at someone.

It would be comical, if it wasn't so incredibly scary.

"So, Mr respected bank employee, while you were drunk driving, what made you pull out your lethal killing device and discharge it in the direction of another car, in a manner that could have possibly killed or maimed someone?"

"I just didn't like the way he stopped to let his friend get out."

Wild West.

• Like 2

A derogatory troll post and the replies have been removed:

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Accuracy! ????

For accuracy I would think 1 or 2 should be enough. 

But personally I suggest that you  carry only one round, so that after you shoot your  foot you  don't shoot your  other ????

Edited by sirineou
typo

One of the first lessons my Thai wife taught me when I started driving in Thailand was "jai yen yen" - don't honk you horn, don't gesture, don't glare - just let it go and stay alive.