Apple Or Pumpkin Pie

OK, I'll bite, hopefully, where to buy Apple or Pumpkin Pie around Bangkok?

Even good apple turnovers.

Used to be could get great turnovers down at that mini mall on the corner of Soi 41 Sukumbvit but they stopped making them long ago.  Also fairly decent ones at Yazaki shops, also stopped.

????

Mac

Yeah, a good apple pie would be great. Can always get things with pineapple etc, but a good apple pie can't be beaten and even better with some custard.

I did have a good apple pie in the Bulls head a while back so I suppose thats an option.

Used to be could get great turnovers down at that mini mall on the corner of Soi 41 Sukumbvit but they stopped making them long ago. Also fairly decent ones at Yazaki shops, also stopped.

????

Mac

I love apple pies myself but I have found them both expensive and of less than average quality here in Bangkok. Bourbon Street at Washington Square (Suk. 22) makes great pies but I am not sure how frequently they bake them. I've had a decent but not cheap apple pie from the Chateau House, which has several locations including one inside Tops Market inside the Central building bottom floor. Apple pie, yum!!!

The bakery's in the Foodland chain do a pretty decent pumpkin pie.

You can check their locations to find the nearest one to you.

"Nearest" me is not too close as I'm some 25 km east of Future Park Rangsit.  Anyway, had to head on down Vibhavadi-Rangsit today so on the way back wandered in to the Foodland at the IT Plaza (?) there on the corner with Chang Wattana.

Found the bakery section, had cut up apple pie at baht 48/slice, but didn't look all that great.

Also had pumpkin pie, already cut up, at baht 24/slice, bought five of those.  Not too bad, not great, needed more cinnamon I think.

Still looking....

Mac

• 2 weeks later...

"Nearest" me is not too close as I'm some 25 km east of Future Park Rangsit. Anyway, had to head on down Vibhavadi-Rangsit today so on the way back wandered in to the Foodland at the IT Plaza (?) there on the corner with Chang Wattana.

Found the bakery section, had cut up apple pie at baht 48/slice, but didn't look all that great.

Also had pumpkin pie, already cut up, at baht 24/slice, bought five of those. Not too bad, not great, needed more cinnamon I think.

Still looking....

Mac

25 km from Future Park Rangist is pretty far away. I would think that if there are any hotels in your area, possibly by the airport, they may have apple pie. Otherwise, getting apple pie in your area is a tough order.

I stopped by Bourbon Street yesterday and asked about their apple pie. They wanted 110 baht a slice and 1000 baht for the whole pie. In other words, they want an arm, a leg and all the money in your wallet. Nana Hotel has apple pie for 35 baht a slice, if you get to that area. Wonder if McDonald's has hot apple pies locally. Good luck!

why something so simple as apple pie, is so hard to find in bangkok will always baffle me....if your around the bangna/srinakarin area the foodland on srinakarin has a good apple danish...in the front at the bakery, really sweet though.

"Nearest" me is not too close as I'm some 25 km east of Future Park Rangsit. Anyway, had to head on down Vibhavadi-Rangsit today so on the way back wandered in to the Foodland at the IT Plaza (?) there on the corner with Chang Wattana.

Also had pumpkin pie, already cut up, at baht 24/slice, bought five of those. Not too bad, not great, needed more cinnamon I think.

Still looking....

Mac

The apple pies are kind of sucky at Foodland but the pumpkin is not bad.

Here in Pattaya I just buy a whole pie and I like it. Not overly sweet and goes nice with coffee.

• 2 months later...

Used to be could get great turnovers down at that mini mall on the corner of Soi 41 Sukumbvit but they stopped making them long ago.  Also fairly decent ones at Yazaki shops, also stopped.

????

Mac

Found an "apple cinnmom pie" at the Yamazaki outlet in front of Tops at Future Park Rangsit a couple days ago, pretty good, especially at baht 15 a piece.  I'll be back for more!!

FYI, up at C. Mai last month stayed at the Montri Hotel there opposite Thapae Gate.  They have a good apple pie and I especially liked the crust topping.  Baht 55 a slice, tho.

Mac

FYI, up at C. Mai last month stayed at the Montri Hotel there opposite Thapae Gate.  They have a good apple pie and I especially liked the crust topping.  Baht 55 a slice, tho.

Mac

Yes, Triple N Restaurant in the Montri Hotel. Get the apple pie warm with some ice cream on top. REALLY good! :o

post-30681-1191252595.jpgpost-30681-1191252537_thumb.jpg

As of the middle of October we will place our Apple and Mince Pies for sale into Villa 33 & 55 again -

The are not the cheapest, but I have already set lots of mince meat and apple pie filling into rum and sugar - will be ready mid October

post-30681-1191252573_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnBKKK

• 1 month later...

Went to "Puff and Pies" at Asoke MRT/BTS station where they sell pies of all sorts. Got an apple pie, personal sized, for 20 baht. Had it for breakfast this morning. For 20 baht, pretty decent sized serving, crust is quite flaky although the actual apple filling is probably canned stuff. Even tho' I left it in my backpack overnight, its as good as any I've had in BKK. Of course, that's not saying much. :o

• 3 weeks later...

????

Mac

We started offering Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving and have had many people in love with it. We have not stop making the pumkin pies everyday. The pumpkin pie is homemade fresh including the fresh pumpkin we use.

We then introduced Apple Pie a week ago and this has been a big hit as well with rave reviews. We make the apple pie homemade fresh every afternoon with Granny Smith apples imported from Washington and we make the pie crust from scratch.

Its 69 Baht a slice and 499 Baht for the whole 9 inch pie at the Sukhumvit Soi 12 location

We also have imported premium Mexican Coffee Beans and roasted them. We offer a unlimted " bottomless" mug of premium cofffee while you at the restaurant for 59 Baht.

www.sunrisetacos.com