Jealous husband beats wife to death, antagonises family with escape attempt

snoop1130

husband-killed-wife.jpg

A 39 year old woman was fatally assaulted by her jealous husband in Sing Buri province, Thailand before he fled. The 42 year old suspect later surrendered today at a local police station and confessed to the crime, citing jealousy as the motive.

The victim’s family was outraged when the husband arrived at the police station, with one relative assaulting him and others demanding to know why he killed the woman.

On a tragic day, Narongwit Phet-srimuang attacked his wife, Siriwan (surname withheld) with a hammer, leaving her critically injured. The assault took place on a road in Sing Buri province after Siriwan finished work. She was later taken to a hospital but succumbed to her injuries on Sunday, June 4. The perpetrator went into hiding after the incident and was identified by police as the victim’s jealous husband, leading authorities to issue an arrest warrant and search for him.

Narongwit turned himself in at the Sing Buri Police Station today. The police were able to secure a confession from him. He admitted to assaulting his wife out of jealousy. He claimed that he had gone to confront Siriwan at her workplace and followed her before attacking her with a hammer. After fleeing the scene, he returned home, changed clothes and called his child to contact their mother. Upon discovering that the police were informed about the crime, he escaped to his relative’s house in Khon Kaen before eventually deciding to surrender.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo by Khaosod

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/jealous-husband-beats-wife-to-death-antagonizes-family-with-escape-attempt

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

are you not entitled to a lawyer in thailand ?

seems they get so many people to confess before even having a fair chance at justice. not speaking about this case but in general. 

One slap gets them talking, takes 5 slaps to shut them up!

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst I kind of agree with you, if it was guaranteed he would stay in a  thai prison until death, then I would vote for the prison, every day would be hell.

Having reached my 60s I can't imagine anything worse than looking back on a life spent in jail because of something stupid I did in my 20s 30s or 40s because I was 'jealous' ... and knowing I'd be dying inside the prison walls as well.

Infinitely worse than the death penalty. 

But whatever the other arguments, one overrides all others: just imagine if Kathleen Folbigg had been executed ... 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-07/kathleen-folbigg-pardoned-life-after-jail-challenges-ahead/102444982