How to start a new free personal Gmail account

scorecard

I decided to start a second free personal gmail account.

Now not so easy, so many options and complications. And I don't want to also start domain names etc.

Any hints how to nowadays start a new free basic personal gmail account much appreciated.  

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

The only difference I see now verses setting up an acct in the past is that they want your phone number so they can send a code to it. More invasion of privacy and taking your personal info. Try getting a burner phone for a one time use. 

Phone number is optional.

Getting a burner phone, really?

I decided to start a second free personal gmail account.

Now not so easy, so many options and complications. And I don't want to also start domain names etc.

Any hints how to nowadays start a new free basic personal gmail account much appreciated.  

Thanks.

Not hard at all, and nothing to do with domain names.

Go here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

Click create account. Enter name, DOB, choose your email address, you can skip the stuff about mobile phone number if you prefer, and that is pretty much it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Create a Gmail account

To sign up for Gmail, create a Google Account. You can use the username and password to sign in to Gmail and other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.

1. Go to the Google Account creation page.
  2. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your account.
  3. Use the account you created to sign in to Gmail.

Create an account

34 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

it's optional until it's not.

after a while Google wouldn't let me login anymore without using a phone number.

and after a bunch of times, I was not allowed to use the same phone number for new accounts.

it's super annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, tgw said:

it's optional until it's not.

after a while Google wouldn't let me login anymore without using a phone number.

and after a bunch of times, I was not allowed to use the same phone number for new accounts.

it's super annoying.

Try this what I described before. There was never any verification of anything every time I used it (and I have created many accounts this way). 

For verification Google (Gmail) have got my phone number - for  two-step authentication stuff. At the time it was optional (they also have a bunch of devices I use in their list) but I went for it. I don't get spam marketing calls on it so I assume Google didn't sell it on. Doesn't worry me. If you can't trust Gmail who can you trust ???? 

1 hour ago, tgw said:

fter a while Google wouldn't let me login anymore without using a phone number.

NEVER had that. Just use password which is embedded in the Google saved passwords thing anyway.

4 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Create a Gmail account

To sign up for Gmail, create a Google Account. You can use the username and password to sign in to Gmail and other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.

1. Go to the Google Account creation page.
  2. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your account.
  3. Use the account you created to sign in to Gmail.

Create an account

Done. Thank you.

On 6/7/2023 at 1:23 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yes, a burner phone. People these days are too easy when it comes to giving up their personal info. Then, after giving their phone number out they complain about all the spam calls they are receiving all of a sudden. I suspect you are young to question why someone would want to keep their phone number private. Young people just don't "get it" and that's part of the reason identity theft is so high.

• 3 months later...

To keep it basic, you can still open a personal Gmail account without getting into domain names and the like. Just head to the Gmail homepage and look for the "Create Account" option. It should walk you through a few steps like entering your name, choosing an email address, and setting a password. You'll also have to confirm your phone number most likely, but that's pretty much standard across most platforms now for security reasons.

13 hours ago, Feistypy said:

To keep it basic, you can still open a personal Gmail account without getting into domain names and the like. Just head to the Gmail homepage and look for the "Create Account" option. It should walk you through a few steps like entering your name, choosing an email address, and setting a password. You'll also have to confirm your phone number most likely, but that's pretty much standard across most platforms now for security reasons.

If you find the process too cumbersome or you're looking for something specific like an aged account, there are platforms where you can find Google accounts for sale. They offer various options based on your needs, but do proceed with caution and make sure you understand the terms.

Edited by Feistypy

On 6/10/2023 at 4:12 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

Yes, a burner phone. People these days are too easy when it comes to giving up their personal info. Then, after giving their phone number out they complain about all the spam calls they are receiving all of a sudden. I suspect you are young to question why someone would want to keep their phone number private. Young people just don't "get it" and that's part of the reason identity theft is so high.

But you still have to register the sim with your passport. Right?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Gmail is the way to go if want to be fairly incognito on the internet.   I have 1 hotmail opened decades ago, that I use for my broker in USA, and everything else uses other accounts (gmail/yahoo) that are all false information & NO PH# required. 

I Google my legal names and nothing.  Even my FB accounts are BS.   My dog & dead father even have FB that I use for uploading & saving things :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/8/2023 at 12:23 AM, josephbloggs said:

you can get a burner phone number.  has a fee but a one week trial.  close after using it.  no charge.

• 2 weeks later...

To create a new free personal Gmail account, visit the Gmail sign-up page, enter your desired email address and password, provide necessary information such as your name and phone number, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Avoid complicating the signup by skipping options like adding a phone number for recovery if you prefer. Simply focus on the basic account creation steps to quickly set up your new personal Gmail account.

• 1 month later...

I was in the situation a while ago, wanting to start a new, free personal Gmail account without getting into anything complicated like domain names. I know about the process to create them but I found a easier way to do this. I found a way how to buy gmail accounts for such needs. In this was I had a professional online presence, I've secured my account and also avoided a lot of spam. It's a simple process that doesn't require setting up any domain names or anything beyond a basic account setup.

Edited by Seeall

I have never had any problems setting up a Gmail account.

Personally, I have over 25 separate Gmail accounts which I have set up over the past 11 years.

Important Note:  The new policy is to delete these accounts if not used during a 2-year period of time.  At least, this is my understanding.

I like to sometimes use creative names for my Gmail accounts.

Sometimes, I even use obscene names for my Gmail account.  And, Google never becomes, in the least, flustered when I do.

I am sure that someone here on TV knows about some of my creative names for my Gmail accounts, but not ALL of them.

In short, setting up a Gmail account is just as easy as it has ever been.

This is the closest thing we will ever get to a Free Lunch, maybe....

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:49 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I like to sometimes use creative names for my Gmail accounts.

I tried to get gmail account called fupped_duck.  Did you beat me to it?

Not quite on topic..... 

If you want a disposable email address, you can just make up some unlikely combination of characters and use it together with "@yopmail.com".  Then you can check if you got any mail on the yopmail.com website.  There is no password or any type of security so only temporarily use it to protect your real email address from getting spread around.