Can't meet the funds requirement for tourist visa

First up I didn't post the laugh emoji.

Your three suggestions will not work.

As I posted in your other thread .. you really are skating on thin ice.

You have extensive history ongoing stay in Thailand.

Think it is 15 months.

You have used 2 border exempt entries via land this calendar year.

Bit late but was very much a gamble to enter Laos.

Assume that is currently where you are? 

I'm not sure which countries in S.E.A have more easy tourist visa or visa exempt options for Ukrainian citizens.

My first thought was eVisa for Vietnam. 

That does not have financials however not sure current situation for Ukrainian passport. 

Also it's only 30 days. 

Not sure about Vientiane but in Phnom Penh they sometimes reject and still apply the sticker to pp with VOID stamp on it (not good) 

Best of luck. 

Edit: just checked eVisa for Vietnam.

Ukraine does not seem to appear for tourist visa. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, nvrmorrv said:

3. This is really dummy one... but can I simply transfer the amount of money that makes math average for last 3 months above 20 (month1=12, month2=8, month3=55, average=25)?

That COULD work. They want to see 3 months of bank statements and they want to see that you have enough funds. I'm not sure if they'd be hung up on lower balances in the past or go through the laborious task of calculating averages as long as the current balance is sizable (significantly more than what's required).

As you're in Laos anyway and already have an appointment, it would be worth a shot (nothing to lose).

I think the other options are a no-go.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have extensive history ongoing stay in Thailand.

Think it is 15 months.

I know It will most likely be rejected and I will have to spent one two months elsewhere. But since I have already made an appointment I'm going to try. Besides long term stay (can't be changed) what I can do is to try to make my documents look better. These options is what I came up with. So now I'm trying to figure out which of them is best since I have only one shot.

Thank for your help and for still taking me seriously

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Also it's only 30 days. 

Do you mean only 30 days is enough? And then will I have better chance for tourist visa?

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit late but was very much a gamble to enter Laos.

Assume that is currently where you are? 

Yes, I am 

11 hours ago, nvrmorrv said:

I'm going to apply for a single-entry tourist visa, which requires showing bank statements of last 3 month with average balance of 20 thousands...

The equivalent of THB 20,000 in any currency in any country should suffice. It did so with my e-visa application.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, nvrmorrv said:

I can't meet the requirement, but I still would like to try to get tourist visa

dude, good guys in bad guys out really applies to you. if you cant meet the 20 000bht minimum requirement then dont wonder why you cant/shouldnt be allowed in. begs to question, how do you support yourself when you are here? i dont think anyone here should be giving you advice cos i think you manage to stay here by dodgy means.

best advice go back home

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

An attack on a member accusing him of a lack of patriotism and replies to it have been removed. This is a forum for discussion of visa and immigration issues. Moral questions on whether being born in a country obligates you to fight wars on its behalf are off topic, and attacks on individual members are against forum rules.