Legit insurance company and plan?

greenbat

Hi,

my friend (under 30 years old) works for a school in thailand. She does earn 21k bhat. She gets deducted 700 bhat per month for accident insurance. Seh wants also health insurance now. Her employer would give her an combined accident and health insurance and would charge her 3k bhat in total per month for that. I am wondering if that is a good deal. The school provided her a document in thai about the included benefits but she does not speak thai. As far as I could see the document says it includes inpatient stays and outpatient visits. Also the document does not contain any information about amounts of coverage. She was told 20k bhat coverage in total. But I cannot imagine this to be true for an insurance that costs 3k bhat per month for an under 30 year old. The school seems to have a deal with the insurance company Viriyah. What reputation does this one have?

I am helping her now to find a legit insurance and insurance plan.

Can you recommend something?

I saw here thaivivat on the quote calculator, how is that? What star tier would you recommend?

On reddit people were mentioning e.g. aetna. is that a viable option for someone who earns 20k bhat per month?

Btw she needs to get an ultrasound check because of a lump in her breast and that would cost her around 4500 bhat. Is that a high price or should she watch somewhere else?

Any chance getting something like this still covered somehow by insurance, I mean would it be a problem if she signs the insurance and then two weeks later goes to an ultrasound for a lump? I guess something like this might fall under preexisting conditions and they might claim the lump existed already before the two weeks.